Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » [SOLVED] Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29%
Page 1 of 4 1234››
March 27, 2013 11:24 [SOLVED] Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #226804
Srekjen

Novice
I downloaded the trial version of Tuneup, and in the process of scanning and repairing the drives it stuck on 29% for the D drive - and it's there for the last 20 minutes.

What would you advise me to do?
April 8, 2013 07:57 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #227408
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Srekjen,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 18, 2013 05:42 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #228005
ou812ass000

Novice
ou812assooo..

hey youre lucky you got further than I did I got to 28% and it seem like every one on here is complaining about the same thing and AVG TECH SUPPORT don't even have an answer for it at all

SO HERES MY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SUGGESTION

DO A SYSTEM RESTORE IF IT DIDNT GET DISABLED WHEN YOU INSTALLED THIS PROGRAM LIKE IT DID MINE BUT I FOUND THAT OUT BEFORE THIS PROBLEM HAPPENED AND GET RID OF AVG PC TUNE UP ITS JUNK IT ALSO CORRUPTS YOUR (D) DRIVE LIKE IT DID MINE AND IF THAT HAPPENS YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR O/S AND THATS A BUMMER

SO NEEDLESS TO SAY AGAIN AVG YOUR PC TUNE UP SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET YOURE CAUSING ALOT OF FRUSTRATION FOR PEOPLE AND WE ARE NOT HAPPY
April 22, 2013 01:53 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #228155
bbachrac

Novice
:angry:

ou812ass000 wrote

hey youre lucky you got further than I did I got to 28% and it seem like every one on here is complaining about the same thing and AVG TECH SUPPORT don't even have an answer for it at all

SO HERES MY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SUGGESTION

DO A SYSTEM RESTORE IF IT DIDNT GET DISABLED WHEN YOU INSTALLED THIS PROGRAM LIKE IT DID MINE BUT I FOUND THAT OUT BEFORE THIS PROBLEM HAPPENED AND GET RID OF AVG PC TUNE UP ITS JUNK IT ALSO CORRUPTS YOUR (D) DRIVE LIKE IT DID MINE AND IF THAT HAPPENS YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR O/S AND THATS A BUMMER

SO NEEDLESS TO SAY AGAIN AVG YOUR PC TUNE UP SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET YOURE CAUSING ALOT OF FRUSTRATION FOR PEOPLE AND WE ARE NOT HAPPY

ou812assooo..
Yes, I have the same problem. This is dangerous defective software.
Although my computer is backed up, this will waste an enormous amount of time.
April 26, 2013 10:57 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #228356
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi guys,

We are sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time using the AVG PC TuneUp. However described issues may be caused by various software/hardware combination, conflicts, etc.

If you are willing to cooperate in resolving mentioned issue please provide us with Msinfo Output, System Event Logs and Screenshot for closer analysis.

Thanks.

AVG Team
May 27, 2013 21:26 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #229568
waistm

Novice
AVG I downloaded pc tune up tonight and ran the same program and my win8 pc only 4 months old Lenovo G680 is stuck at 27%. I have tried rebooting and running windows restore but it says unable to repair disk. Currently my pc is screwed thanks. Not impressed.
On boot up I get these messages
"To skip disk checking press any key within 1 second"
Screen shows " scanning and repairing drive [c:]: 27% complete"
If I reboot it shows " preparing automatic repair"
"Diagnosing your pc"
Message flashed past couldn't catch what it said
"Attempting repairs"

To reboot again goes to the first messages" To skip disk checking press any key within 1 second"
I have just hit a key and managed to escape this program and am hoping my pc will now boot ok
-------------------
Pc has rebooted ok and I am deleting this program immediately. Pc seems ok. Time will tell
May 29, 2013 12:33 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #229639
DaneVervoort

Novice
I fully agree! Get it off the market and fix the problems it is causing. Not only is it corrupting users PC's it is also bad publicity.
May 29, 2013 14:03 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #229648
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi guys,

We are sorry for these inconveniences.

Please provide us with Msinfo Output, System Event Logs and Screenshot for closer analysis.

Thanks.

AVG Team

May 29, 2013 15:11 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #229656
june8

Novice
Same replies..

Msinfo Output, System Event Logs and Screenshot for closer analysis.

It's very sad to see same replies from AVG. But, I couldn't see any problems solved by them. I should reconsider to renew.
May 29, 2013 15:27 Re: Scanning & Repairing Drive - Stuck On 29% #229657
BIG AL 43

@ june8

If you look very closely thro' this particular thread again you'll see that no user has actually provided the AVG Team with any of the requested info to help with the correction of this issue.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
Page 1 of 4 1234››