Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help
March 10, 2013 19:54 Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #225800
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
iamjwk

Novice
I contacted online support on . Below the chat transcript.
Chat Start Time: 25/02/2013 18:52:06
Chat End Time: 25/02/2013 19:04:52
I need a solution for the first problem, before AVG support can work on the Windows Home Server related problem.

So a little bit disappointed about the support sofar.
-----
[Arunraj] Hello, my name is Arunraj, how may I help you?
[Jan-Willem] I have AVG family safety bought and issues with account as indicated in support forums. Cannot login from tray icon, but can from website. Forum answers from AVG indicate asking refund and buying product again. Something about misalignment in your user database
[Arunraj] I am checking please give me a moment.
[Jan-Willem] Forum message I meant: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=224371
[Arunraj] I am transferring your case to our research team .You will be contacted through E-mail with in 24-48 hours to solve your issue
[Jan-Willem] ok. is fine. Also having issue with windows home server 2011. See my forum message: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=225213#post_225213
[Arunraj] Use this case id for future reference AVG#xxxxxx2400
[Jan-Willem] ok. Thanks for your support
[Arunraj] You will be contacted by our research team to solve all your issues
[Arunraj] Welcome, Is there anything else i can assist you?
[Jan-Willem] No you where helpful. Have a nice evening.
[Arunraj] Thanks for contacting us. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.
------
March 16, 2013 20:39 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226149
iamjwk

Novice
No reply yet..

Why is nobody from AVG support reacting to my request?
March 16, 2013 21:39 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226150
BIG AL 43

@ iamjwk

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [10:39pm Saturday evening] in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 17, 2013 09:33 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226157
iamjwk

Novice
Weekend???..

@BIG AL 43

I think you completely missed the point here. I had a chat with AVG support as shown in the first post on 25 FEBRUARY. I Posted my difficulty to get a reaction from AVG support on this forum on 10 March. 6 Days later you send a reply that it is weekend and AVG support is not available????

The answer I as customer would like to see is more something as:

"Dear Customer,

We are sorry we did not react promptly as promised on your support request. Unfortunately it is now weekend, but we I will assure AVG support will take care of your request/support ticket on Monday.

Regards (and again sorry),
AVG Support team"

I have already been very polite in my waiting periods and want a solution. I paid for it based on reviews on several sites/magazines related to functionality your product offers, but seems that I just discovered AVG support was not part of those reviews. I hope my next message I will post will correct the sentence above (yes even after several weeks waiting I can be forgiving).
March 19, 2013 04:52 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226239
Ladywith8kidz

Novice
Can't get support to respond to my need for help..

I am having a TERRIBLE time getting help from support. 4 weeks ago I resubscribed because my subscription was up for the year. I had an issue getting into my acct afterward and contacted support through email and the message said you will receive a response in 24 hours. (Still no response). I called 4 days after the email and spoke to a gentleman who told me he could not help me directly, but would forward my problem to someone who could help me an would receive an email shortly. No response. I called again a couple of days later and spoke to the same man, went through the whole thing with him again and he apologized, told me he couldn't help me directly, but would mark it urgent and I would be contacted very soon. It has been OVER A WEEK and have heard not a thing! I am so frustrated! I am appalled at AVGs customer service! Can someone please help me get to someone who can help me?
March 19, 2013 10:59 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226257
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

@iamjwk
I have escalated your case, you never provided us with needed information about issue with windows home server 2011,

@Ladywith8kidz
You should receive answer March 09, 2013 10:04:49 on your registered email address.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 21, 2013 21:24 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226438
iamjwk

Novice
reason I did not react on my WHS problem is that you guys first need to solve my account issues. I cannot use AVG family safety as account is not accessible from installed software via tray icon etc. hence I cannot create a logfile etc. So back to the chat at the top: that is the one the helpdesk ticket is (I hope) linked to. Also you indicate it got escalated; still did not receive any emails.

So again: please fix the account issue first and than we can start working on the WHS issue.
March 29, 2013 14:02 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226925
iamjwk

Novice
Want my money back!..

Looks like AVG's meaning of escalating is something different then I thought. No reaction here on the forum, neither received and email.

So please get in contact with me to solve my issue(s) or refund my money!
March 29, 2013 14:37 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #226928
BIG AL 43

iamjwk wrote
or refund my money!

As an alternative if that's what you really require?.. For your info have a look @ FAQ #550 - What is AVG's refund policy.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 12, 2013 00:30 Re: Support Department Does Not Fulfill Promise; Please Help #227673
pwfunderburk

Novice
AVG is TERRIBLE at responding..

Agree with you. I have yet to hear from AVG on how to even transition from BSecure to the AVG family Safetly product. Does anyone know of any other internet filter that might be just as good? I would definitely change if possible!