Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » Internet and Network » AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid
April 7, 2013 18:18 AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #227387
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
dboneavg

Novice
I get this error message in Outlook 2007:
"AVG extension for microsift office outlook"
"the data is invalid"

then something about "the AVG Outlook add-in avgxch32.dll is missing. try uninstalling the add-in"

This began after removing AVG FREE. I have a feeling my daughter deleted the avg folder rather than doing an uninstall first.

I have tried disabling the outlook avg add-in, but it is not an option. I have tried uninstall/reinstall AVG FREE 2013, and also the 2013 uninstall tool. I even tried removing AVG registry entries. I still get the error in outlook regardless of AVG installed or not.

Help?
April 15, 2013 21:52 Re: AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #227873
lakeclean

Novice
Get the same messages regarding "the AVG Outlook add-in avgxch32.dll is missing", however, this is just after an ordinary update of the program.

Can see others have the same problem, so I hope AVG can come up with a solution.

regards,
Andersen
April 16, 2013 10:04 Re: AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #227894
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

Please refer to the following article for help on your issue:
Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions

If it doesn't help on your situation please provide us with Msinfo output.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 16, 2013 20:25 Re: AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #227922
lakeclean

Novice
Sorry. Doesn't work.

Un-installing didn't remove the problem, however, AVG was removed.

Trying to download the AVG remover, didn't work either. The download system "informed" that the download was abandoned due to findings of a virus!!

I attach a file with the errors, and ask now kindly AVG to inform me how to get rid of AVG so I can use my PC.
April 16, 2013 23:15 Re: AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #227929
BIG AL 43

lakeclean wrote
The download system "informed" that the download was abandoned due to findings of a virus!!

Have a look @ Weekly Overview: 13/2013.. Download Failed - Virus Detected. Subscribe to this RSS feed if you want to be notified about new Weekly Overviews.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 18, 2013 11:42 Re: AVG Extension For Microsoft Office Outlook. The Data Is Invalid #228030
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello lakeclean,

For help on your issue please try run Registry Editor and delete avgoutlook.Addin from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support