Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product
Page 1 of 4 1234››
February 28, 2013 04:38 You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225330
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
TX Techie

Novice
I am experiencing the same issue as TreeDad in another forum post. When I logon to familysafety.avg.com and click on Family Safety and then Settings so that I can administer the AVG Family Safety product online, it worked for the first week or so. But now, I get the following message:

You have not been authorized to use Family Safety product. Please, contact our support.
Copyright © 2011 AVG Technologies, s.r.o.
Web Version 6.1.6.1

Also, when I attempt to install the AVG Family Safety application onto my 2nd of 3 PCs, when I attempt to logon using the same credentials, I get an invalid or bad account or password (when I can logon online using the same account and password).

Can someone please assist me?
February 28, 2013 22:25 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225364
toppergrad95

Novice
You are not alone. I installed Family Safety last weekend. I can't log in now either.

I did the online chat support this morning. My case is being "elevated". I have a case number but was told it would take 3-5 days to get e-mail confirmation. Not pleased at all.

Crazy.

Good luck!
March 1, 2013 22:58 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225434
Jorvik

Novice
Add me to the no log on list..

I also am unable to log on, worse yet I cannot log on to the software on my computer to see, change, or uninstall. Very frustrating.
March 4, 2013 00:54 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225498
nist-joe

Novice
I have the same problem.
i already install in 3 computers 2 weeks ago. I wonder all setting still there?
March 4, 2013 15:47 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225528
boernerb

Novice
I am having the same problem. The screen says"you have not been authorized to use Family Safety product.Please, contact our support. "

March 5, 2013 02:28 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225542
toppergrad95

Novice
Spent almost an hour on the phone this morning with Technical Support (most of it on hold). I was told it is a known issue with customers who were using BSecure before AVG acquired them. Which I was when my BSecure license term expired in late Feb and I repurchased via AVG.

Said it was an issue on their side and working towards a fix but didn't have an ETA. I wish they would e-mail customers who are affected and let them know.

Sorry not much help here.

March 5, 2013 14:05 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225562
CW IT Guy

Novice
Same issue after BSecure..

I have the same issue after renewing BSecure and switching to AVG. Also lost all my settings in the transfer. Worked for about 3 days, then could not log in. The order and license disappeared from my account for 3 days, but are back now. Support finally contacted me with a canned message to reset my password, which is useless. No mention that is is a known issue.
March 5, 2013 16:20 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225570
CW IT Guy

Novice
CW IT Guy wrote
Same issue after BSecure..

I have the same issue after renewing BSecure and switching to AVG. Also lost all my settings in the transfer. Worked for about 3 days, then could not log in. The order and license disappeared from my account for 3 days, but are back now. Support finally contacted me with a canned message to reset my password, which is useless. No mention that is is a known issue.

TreeDad resolved this by getting a refund and repurchasing with a different email address. What a pain.

See post: http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=224371
March 5, 2013 19:36 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225575
toppergrad95

Novice
I would like to see them solve this without me having to jump through hoops. It worked for a few days then it stopped. This is a backend database problem. If I get a refund, you can be sure I won't be signing back up for the chance that it might be fixed.
March 6, 2013 01:34 Re: You Have Not Been Authorized To Use Family Safety Product #225588
boernerb

Novice
I got a refund and repurchased as well with new email. I am still having trouble with this. I was a besecure customer as well.
Page 1 of 4 1234››