Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » Stolen Phone
February 11, 2013 21:30 Stolen Phone #224451
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Altiras

Novice
Hello i got my phone stolen few hours ago.I can lock/wipe/shout it through avg but when i try to track its location it asks for ''Phone No:'' what is that my sim cards no? or my devices code? i dont know what you mean by Phone No ... i tried putting my phone number(sim) it didn't work..also if its sim number how can i track it as the thief going to disconnect it from my phone asap... help please?? frowning
February 12, 2013 08:40 Re: Stolen Phone #224461
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Altiras,

It is your phone number which will be used for sending SMS command. However there is a limited list of supported mobile operators, I recommend sending message to your SIM card manually in the following format LocateMyPhone [YOUR DEVICE ID ASSIGNED BY AVG MOBILATION].

Note that the Locate feature requires active internet connection on your phone.

Thanks.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 12, 2013 18:41 Re: Stolen Phone #224496
Altiras

Novice
Thanks for the reply.I sent text like you said and tried to locate it , but it won't work.The thief prob removed or destroyed my sim card.I think AVG should think about that and find a solution as thieves always removes sim cards as soon as they steal phones...also if i wipe the phone does it remove AVG aswell?
February 13, 2013 07:35 Re: Stolen Phone #224509
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Altiras,

The SMS command is required only when internet connection is not available to start tracking device location and send it when internet is available - SMS command does not work if SIM was changed. However Remote Management is working also with the new SIM card but internet connection is required in all cases.

AVG for Android is removed if device is wiped.

Thanks.

AVG Team
February 15, 2013 17:17 Re: Stolen Phone #224676
Roohdgn

Novice
Same here..

I got the same problem here, I've tried to locate my phone many times, but it keep failing .
the only reason for this is the lack of internet connection? It always worked with 3G connected. And I tried to locate my friend phone, he was connected with an fast Wi-fi and had the same problem, even with the message.
February 15, 2013 17:19 Re: Stolen Phone #224678
Roohdgn

Novice
No answer..

I tried to contact the AVG mobiliation team but I got no answer. I send my message about 14 hour ago.
February 15, 2013 18:48 Re: Stolen Phone #224687
BIG AL 43

@ Roohdgn

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 19, 2013 09:40 Re: Stolen Phone #224824
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Roohdgn,

The root cause of this may vary on each device but it is generally caused by lack (no connection at all, 3G should be fine) of internet connection. I recommend waiting for a reply from AVG for Android team since they have more details about your device and can suggest further steps/fix the issue. Have you contacted them using your, registered here, e-mail address?

Thanks.

AVG Team