Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » AVG RescueCD » AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan
January 14, 2013 13:59 AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #222954
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
nldutchmen

Novice
CHello,

I ran the boot avg rescueCD, did the avg update via network, then started the scan all files. As soon as a clicked continue to start scanning it started to crash the avg rescueCD.
Has anyone had this same experience as I have? I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
January 22, 2013 08:38 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #223330
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello nldutchmen,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 10, 2013 16:35 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #224379
Elrohir

Novice
Hi,

I just had the same experience today, when I used RescueCD to scan my computer. I have used previous versions of RescueCD in the past without any problems on the same pc.

Now, I have downloaded the latest version from the AVG website (version 120.120823 of November 22nd 2012) and performed a full online (priority4) update in RescueCD. Once I start scanning, the RescueCD crashes and it seems to collect certain data that it submits online.

I hope this issue will be looked into and fixed in a new version of the RescueCD.

Thanks!
February 15, 2013 11:43 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #224656
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Elrohir,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with AVG Rescue CD Log Files.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 12, 2013 04:00 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #225880
AnthonyFoiani

Novice
yet another crash-on-scan..

I'm seeing the same behavior with the Rescue CD.

I'm using the USB version, and I have verified that I am using the latest release:
$ md5sum avg_arl_ffi_all_120_120823a5411.zip
9e43e8d62af3840e15298c49f01af81f avg_arl_ffi_all_120_120823a5411.zip

My log files are located at:
http://foiani.home.dyndns.org/~tony/avg/rescue-cd-crash-20130311a/

I get a crash regardless of whether I do any update first.

The only peculiarities I noticed were:
1. "starting network" takes longer than I would expect. (I have a fast network + DHCP server.)
2. After selecting which tool to run at boot, but before the main scan / update / etc menu, it gives me an error about SMARTCTL (or similar; if necessary, I can take a photo of this screen.)

The machine in question is fully capable of running linux; I'm posting this from the dual-boot Fedora 17 partition. (The Windows 7 partition does still boot, but AVG Free was throwing up some infected files for the first time in months, so I wanted to try to do a scan from outside of Windows...)

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks again for the excellent products!
April 21, 2013 17:21 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #228143
dstorfer

Novice
identical issue with USB rescue - crash on scan..

I am also experiencing the same issue. I downloaded the USB rescue disk, ran it, upgraded the program and virus database. It also happens if I just update virus database, without the program.
As soon as I start the scan it crashes with lots of text running off the screen, pushing the rescue GUI up and away.
It says near the end "Collecting files from directory /opt/avg/av/log Reports finished, Uploading Data Upload finished" -- so hopefully you do have this trace log on your system to analyze.

I have an older laptop with AMD Turion, 512 MB ram. Windows XP installed on disk, but I don't even think the program is getting far enough to matter what the system is.

Thanks.
April 26, 2013 13:23 Re: AVG RescueCD Crashes When It Starts To Scan #228373
Rigby

Novice
Thanks,

Your report is stored at our crash portal, we analyze and fix this problem asap.
Here is new beta version: https://share.avg.com/arl/#dev_download (update is now impossible, but scan works), you can re-check this issue with this new version.

Thanks a lot again!

R.