Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Metropolitan Disappointment
December 10, 2012 13:55 Metropolitan Disappointment #221492
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
davidhw

Novice
What a disappointment. Having installed a paid AVG 2013 edition, fully updated, I still landed up with a variant of the Metropolitan virus. Having called the AVG support centre, who didn't seem to know anything about it, they suggested I call Virgin technical support (an AVG sub-contractor) who wanted £70 to fix the problem. It's beyond disappointing that a well-known and longstanding virus isn't included in the AVG cover and a rip-off by the Virgin sub-contractor disappointed Since I now know this can be removed by a free download of several products (for example malaware) I am frankly disgusted with this protection breach and the very poor AVG service.
February 8, 2013 17:10 Re: Metropolitan Disappointment #224326
winger

Novice
agreed - I am a reseller of AVG and loads of my customers have got this virus and are not happy - AVG is normally good at stopping infections, but for some reason despite this virus being one of the most common for months and months it still isn't being stopped by AVG
February 14, 2013 14:41 Re: Metropolitan Disappointment #224602
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello winger,

Unfortunately no security solution can provide you with 100% detection rate.
If you have access to any suspicious files, we would like to kindly ask you to provide us with them as described here.

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (AVG scan result export, Msinfo output ,GMER scan results).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 14, 2013 15:07 Re: Metropolitan Disappointment #224609
winger

Novice
yes I understand that - but it doesn't even find it after it has been infected to be able to remove it - whereas all other security products (hitman pro, malwarebytes etc) I have used will find it and remove it without an issue - so AVG is behind the times with this particular virus

When I next get an infected customer I will zip up the relevant virus files and supply them to you for analysis