Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » LiveKive » Loss Of C Drive Space
Page 1 of 2 12››
January 13, 2013 13:16 Loss Of C Drive Space #222922
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
notifbutwhen

Novice
I am trying to figure out why my C-Drive memory space is being used up by LIVE KIVE as it backs up my extrenal harddrive.

I noticed that as LIVEKIVE backed up more and more of my External Hard Drive, that my C-Drive memory space was disappearing. I had to download a Disk Space analysis tool and found that most of my C Drive was being taken up by large files associated with LIVE KIVE APP.

Seems like I have a setting wrong that is forcing some kind of file duplication to occur on my C Drive while I back up my extrenal hard drive.
January 24, 2013 15:05 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223479
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi notifbutwhen,

We are aware of this issue and would like to inform you that fix is being prepared. You may delete content of below mentioned folder to free space on your HDD.

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\AVG LiveKive\tss_external_blocks_pandora_sqliite_database

Windows Vista/Seven
C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\AVG LiveKive\tss_external_blocks_pandora_sqliite_database

Thank you.

kw 66996

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 24, 2013 23:59 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223497
Burt Johnson

Novice
Response is growing very, very old..

I started using Live Kive without doing a lot of research (my bad). I didn't do a lot of research because I have always had a good opinion of AVG antivirus and assumed their other products would be as good. I was wrong.

I started noticing the product eating up my drive space almost immediately because my C drive is a relatively small SSD while I'm backing up a large amount of data from a much larger physical disk. So I started looking through these forums and quickly found that this issue has been around from the beginning. The whole time AVG has been making the same comment that "it is a known bug and will be fixed soon".

I have about run out of patience with that answer. What is AVG going to do for all of us current customers who are basically beta testing their product for them. We should be getting this service for free in return for being beta testers.

I intend to demand that they give me my money back. angry
January 29, 2013 20:25 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223711
KCorp

Novice
I am a AVG Dealer (Live Kive) and had 2 calls today about 0 bytes on C: drive. Appears to be a recent problem as mentioned above. We deleted the folder in your post. As we have many installations, this may became a problem sooner than later. Can I be notified when an update is released to fix this?
January 29, 2013 20:40 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223712
texas_tech

Novice
This is indeed an irritation that I just found out too after installing LiveKive a few days ago. SSD C drive is now full. deleting the additional files is not a problem IF I know they are there but seems quite ridiculous AVG has not addressed this if it's an old issue. I was hoping that for once I would get an online backup without issues and things were looking great until this came up. Not sure why deleting these duplicate files messed up my live Kive install but just seemed easier to reinstall it than to wait for it to get unstuck. disappointed
January 30, 2013 12:15 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223745
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi all,

We will let you know in this thread once fix is publicly released.

@Burt Johnson: Let us know in case you would like to refund your subscription.

Thank you for your patience.

AVG Team
February 3, 2013 12:53 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223950
Rubicon1230

Novice
Will this fix ever be ready?..

This is not a new problem - plenty of threads about this on this forum which probably go back over a couple of years. It has always been the same response from AVG - we will have a fix published soon.
Don't hold your breath!
February 4, 2013 09:04 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #223972
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Rubicon1230,

We are aware that this is a long time issue and we are including this issue in our reports. There are unfortunately other tasks with higher priorities. Do not hesitate to express your feelings and opinion directly to responsible managers by filling in the AVG Product Feedback Form.

Thanks.

AVG Team
February 8, 2013 01:38 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #224254
MadBilly

Novice
Just Recovered 28GB of Space..

I have an XP with 80G drive. I was maxed out and could not find the files to remove. I deleted LiveKive and bingo - 28Gs of space was immediately available. I deleted LiveKive on another maxed out XP and immediately, the computer become usable again. I'm SHOCKED AVG has not fixed this blatant problem. I should move to another back up system and ask for my refund. The only way a person can run LiveKive is for them to have huge unneeded disk space. Come on, AVG. You are MUCH better than this!!
February 11, 2013 14:40 Re: Loss Of C Drive Space #224423
caspertje

Novice
Many bugs. many threads in this forum.
But hey, it will be fixed in the next version of LiveKive.
paid 80 dollars almost a year ago, still waiting for 'the next update with everything fixed'! loosing patience....especially when hearing: there are other higher priorities, why? it's not a free product, I paid 80 dollars and it's not working correctly !!! fix it
Page 1 of 2 12››