Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » PC Tuneup Disc Wipe
January 5, 2013 17:12 PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #222588
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Monarch11

Novice
Not happy with the disappearance of the disc wipe feature on 2013 version. Is it still in there somewhere under all the tabs and layers? The new version is not user friendly. AVG "support" has no idea of what I'm talking about.
January 5, 2013 18:16 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #222594
BIG AL 43

@ Monarch11

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the 1st Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. The AVG Team are actually attending to answering any postings backlog in date order but please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend in Brno, Czech Rep..

The new version is not user friendly

'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ this Announcement post link AVG Product Management Wants To Hear From You. Please complete the feedback.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 17, 2013 11:53 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #223084
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Monarch11,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 29, 2013 07:23 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #223673
Leeball

Novice
clarification..

I think what he is talking about is the ability to wipe an entire disk after you have deleted files. Hence the name Disk Wipe. This function has been removed from the latest version of PC Tuneup without any warning to my knowledge.

That was far more useful than the current file / folder / trash erase utility.

If you are unsure what we are referring to please read the AVG PC Tuneup 2012 documentation - section 11.3 .
February 5, 2013 17:46 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #224108
hitechjanitor

Novice
securely wiping the disk was the most important feature I use. If I had known it was removed I would NOT have purchased the 2013 license. As with many trends - useful, intuitive GUI and features have morphed into fluffy-bloated inefficient design by committee mess.... kind of like what microsoft did to their Win7 file search....sheesh... some things really are just best left alone.
February 6, 2013 14:56 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #224162
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

You are talking about securely deleting free space of hard drive, this is also included in PC Tuneup 2013 (see attached screenshot).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
na3Mr06[1].png
February 24, 2013 20:39 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #225146
denny56ford

Novice
I found the location for the "wipe disc" function, but the problem I'm having is that it requires me to click on specific file to wipe the disc automatically, and in the older version, it wiped the "C" drive automatically and completely without having to enter a specific file and harming existing files that I didn't want to wipe. I'm afraid to enter anything because I may wipe a file that I don't want to wipe....so how do you wipe all of the "deleted" files etc. from a recent computer session that the older version did automatically without hurting or wiping files that I don't want to get rid of. What do I enter in the "file" to be wiped section to get the whole c drive over write that I used to get, without harming the rest of my files??? Right now it only gives me three options...the "recycle bin", "files" and "file" I assume I want "files" but when I click on that option it asks me for the name of them......so how do I get the function to wipe the whole c drive like the old version automatically without trying to list them all, which I don't begin to understand how to do anyway....??
February 24, 2013 21:12 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #225148
BIG AL 43

@ denny56ford

Basically the 1st part of my previous posting #222594 will still apply.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 6, 2013 19:47 Re: PC Tuneup Disc Wipe #225623
denny56ford

Novice
Thanks Al, but I just called AVG phone support, and I'm not sure the lady fully understood exactly what I was talking about, but she did kick it up to a level 2 tech so I'm waiting on an email to hopefully solve my issue with "an automatic" complete disc wipe that used to take a day and a half, but now takes a few seconds so I know that's not right or at least what I used to have done...and like a few of the prior comments, I don't feel as secure now as I used to with the older version of this software. I do have "Webroot Window Washer" now and that does what the older AVG version did....but I liked AVG's because of the thourghness I thought I was getting. I appreciate your input, but so far nobody from AVG has contacted me regarding the posting I did on this site....so either they are so back logged that they haven't got to it yet or they really don't have that much manpower looking at these postings.