Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » Internet and Network » Can't Uninstall AVG Security Search From My Computer
January 31, 2013 09:01 Can't Uninstall AVG Security Search From My Computer #223807
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Paul922

Novice
Hello guys. Before posting, I want you know that I read everything from this forum. I tried http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=215517 or http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-5200 and did not work. It had been installed without my permission by Gom Player. I tried to delete it in several ways, but without success. Everytime after restart, the folder is showing up exactly in the same place. This is the error from unistall process:
I would apreciate if somebody can help me. I am using W7 SP1.
Capture (7).JPGCapture4.JPG
February 1, 2013 13:20 Re: Can't Uninstall AVG Security Search From My Computer #223889
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Paul922,

Please download and run the AVG Secure Search installation file to repair corrupted installation. Is it possible to uninstall it now?

Thanks.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 1, 2013 21:29 Re: Can't Uninstall AVG Security Search From My Computer #223905
Paul922

Novice
Thank YOU..

Thank you for reply... But it helps? If I install again this toolbar? I'm afraid that this is not the solution. The big problem is I can't delete the folders made by AVG, because they reappear everytime I connect to net. The question is: "why this strange beahivor?".
February 5, 2013 12:44 Re: Can't Uninstall AVG Security Search From My Computer #224088
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Paul922,

I think it should help. I also suggest you to uninstall the Gom Player prior repairing AVG Secure Search installation and installing it back (without the Secure Search) once Secure Search is fully uninstalled.

Let us know the results.

Thanks.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support