Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Registration and License issues » What's Happening To AVG?
January 16, 2013 10:08 What's Happening To AVG? #223035
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
tgitom

Novice
I wonder if AVG are taking their eye off the ball and losing sight of what keeps them in business i.e. the end users - US!
I have had terrible service from them recently.
I renewed my subscription to PC Tuneup on 27/12/2012 and received an invoice telling me that my license number was being generated and would follow in a seperate email.
After 48 hours and still no license, I contacted the online chat support to be told that I'll just have to wait.
I waited patiently until 31/12/2012 and contacted them again to say that I was still waiting. A very polite and pleasant oprative sympathised but explained that all they could do was alert another department to my issue and I would hear something within a few days.
On 9/1/2013 I had still heard nothing so, I contacted the telephone support line and quoted the case number I had previously been given. Another polite and pleasant operative expressed horror and shock at my plight but again explained that all they could do was mark my case as High Priority and pass it on. I was given another case number and assured that I would be contacted within 48 hours.
On the 15/1/2013 I was still waiting so, I contacted them again. Another polite and pleasant operative expressed horror and shock at my plight but again explained that all they could do was mark my case as High Priority and pass it on. I was given another case number and assured that I would be contacted within 24 hours. This time they took my telephone number because someone would call me to solve the issue.

I am now 12 hours into this latest fiasco & not feeling very hopeful.

I've been with AVG for a few years now. The software is great (when you can use it) but, customer support is sadly lacking.
My Internet Security is due for renewal in October & that's not looking very hopeful either!
January 16, 2013 11:30 Re: What's Happening To AVG? #223040
BIG AL 43

@ tgitom

OK, As per my posting I'm not an AVG employee.. Forum signature - "AVG Forums Volunteer Moderator". Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the 1st Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. To the best of my knowledge the AVG Team are actually attending to answering any postings backlog, especially since the Xmas Hols period, in date order.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 16, 2013 17:38 Re: What's Happening To AVG? #223055
lady13

Novice
Another Issue..

This may not seem like an issue but I received a charge on my Credit Card for an international transaction from Cyprus when I ordered my AVG. So much for businesses going Made in America.
January 16, 2013 18:01 Re: What's Happening To AVG? #223056
BIG AL 43

@ lady13

A forum search would have shown 'Cyprus' previously mentioned. Here are 2 examples..

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=214582
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=187582

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support