Folder AVG Forums » General Information » Information » Weekly Overview: 1/2013
January 16, 2013 11:01 Weekly Overview: 1/2013 #223036
_malchys_

Administrator
Installation/upgrade to AVG 2013 is failing

In some cases installation of AVG 2013 is failing. Please click Go online to learn about this issue in the AVG installation error dialogue which will show specific instructions, if available. We have prepared the AVG installation is failing article which can help you if no specific solution is provided.

AVG Toolbar and Secure Search uninstallation

If you want to completely remove the AVG Secure Search and/or AVG Toolbar and associated browser changes, please follow the How to remove AVG Toolbar, homepage and Secure Search from your browser article where you can find detailed instructions.

Total object scanned: 0

Some of you have reported that AVG 2013’s Whole computer scan is instantly completed with Total object scanned: 0. We would like to inform you that fix was released in AVG 2013 Small Update 3 (build 2890). Please update your AVG to get this issue resolved.

AVG Continuing Protection Service

AVG Continuing Protection Service is an optional service that keeps your computer continuously protected by automatically renewing your license for more years at the end of your subscription period. This service is automatically enabled for new AVG AntiVirus, Internet Security, Family Safety and LiveKive purchases made through AVG eshop. Please follow the How to cancel automatic renewals? article to cancel automatic renewals for your products.

My computer is infected

Many users are asking us how to proceed when they have a suspicion that their computer become infected. We have summarized general procedure in the My computer is infected. What do I do now? article.

If you have any questions about any of these issues or need help resolving them, please contact AVG customer care experts or write us on AVG Forums.

Find more interesting articles at AVG Blogs.
Subscribe to this RSS feed if you want to be notified about new Weekly Overviews.