Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » LiveKive » Don't Know My Passphrase
January 15, 2013 13:55 Don't Know My Passphrase #223000
sootygirl

Novice
I am able to log in successfully, but when I clicked on Devices to add a device, I was asked for my Passphrase. At no stage have a created a passphrase and I can find nowhere on the site to do so. I have 82gb uploaded from my home PC and want to add my laptop. Also if my computer fails, I want to be able to access my files from another computer, which seems impossible without ones passphrase.
My home PC was set up as a device during installation of the software. Please help.
I use Windows 7/Chrome.

I am on the last days of my free trial, so want to make sure that LiveKive does work before paying for the full unlimited version.
January 15, 2013 20:11 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #223016
BIG AL 43

@ sootygirl

Have you conducted a forum search?. If not, I don't know if any of these 3 links will help you..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 28, 2014 16:08 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #240753
JoeaPerkins

Novice
I just got the notice in my email that LiveKive is being discontinued in August 2014. So I now have 6 months to download my current archive of 100+Gb into temporary storage; find a new service with similar performance, ease of use, and costs; then upload to that new account. :confused:
So I go online to check my device list and make a download plan only to be greeted by the Passphrase box. I also have never set a passphrase so does this mean that all my data is now behind this unknown security gate with no means from AVG to recover it !? Are you freaking kidding me !! :angry:
February 28, 2014 17:54 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #240757
BIG AL 43

@ JoeaPerkins

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [6:54pm Friday evening] in Brno, Czech Rep.. & also that there might presently be just a very slight delay regarding any reply due to a forum postings backlog.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
February 28, 2014 19:01 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #240759
JoeaPerkins

Novice
Thank you for the feedback. I did not realize that the tech forum was managed in the Czech Rep. It was Friday morning here in Georgia, USA. I will note that time difference for future reference.

My rant was due to receiving this notice of the LiveKive shutdown date as it was an unexpected shock. I have not up to this point seen any other references to the service suffering any lack of revenue or user base. At any rate, it seems I must make proper arrangements to protect my archived data so as such I just need access to it. I'm hoping to get a response from tech support on the passphrase issue to proceed.
February 28, 2014 22:58 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #240768
BIG AL 43

JoeaPerkins wrote
My rant was due to receiving this notice of the LiveKive shutdown date as it was an unexpected shock. I have not up to this point seen any other references to the service suffering any lack of revenue or user base

'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ this Announcement post link AVG Product Management Wants To Hear From You & please complete the web form feedback...

Alan
March 5, 2014 15:25 Re: Don't Know My Passphrase #240890
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello JoeaPerkins,

For help on your issue please try accessing your data using Windows application.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support