Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » [SOLVED] iTunes Store Will Not Load
December 28, 2012 08:06 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #222195
stenakt

Novice
Hi Ondraploteny,

I a having trouble connecting to Itunes store. When I try and connect, it just hangs. When I run Itunes diagnostics, (Network Connectivity Tests), I get "Secure link to Itunes Store failed". When I click on the 'Help' button next to the error message, I get a further error message:
"iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet.
To view iTunes Help, make sure you’re connected to the Internet, then choose iTunes Help from the Help menu."

I followed the steps on your sticky post (I have a 64-bit machine so correctly replaced both DLLs in Programs and Programs (x86)). When I restarted the machine and started Itunes, I got a message that "The Bonjour Service has been disabled" and instructions to enable it. When I looked at Services, Bonjour was running ok.

I also lost all internet connectivity. When I restored the original DLLs, the internet came back.

I have:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AVG Home 10.2
No other anti virus or protection software installed
Chrome and IE 9
Broadband connection

I couldn't attach my NFO data as the file was too big.

Thanks for your help

Edit.. I should have also mentioned:
- when I uninstalled AVG, the problem went away i.e. I could connect to the Itunes store
- I am using ITunes 10.7

thanks
December 28, 2012 13:19 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #222205
BIG AL 43

stenakt wrote
I couldn't attach my NFO data as the file was too big

Extract from the 'How To Provide Forum Moderators With Files' link..

- If the archive is larger than 2 MB, please upload the archive to our FTP server using this service utility (download it to your Desktop and run it). Alternatively, you can use a public online storage service (RapidShare, FileFront etc.) and provide us with a link to the file.
- If you consider any data to be private, we recommend compressing all the files into a password-protected archive as described in this FAQ article. Please use your e-mail address (used when registering on this forum) as a password. Only forum moderators will be then able to unpack the provided archive as your e-mail address is not publicly available.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 11, 2013 12:22 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #222861
Flossyfi

Novice
Thank you so much for this info - it worked! Having intially tried Apple forums (which Apple themselves never seem to input into!) then Microsoft, who pointed me in the your direction, I am incredibly impressed how well the forum worked. The input from the "Tech Buddy" to sort an issue not of your making is very helpful. Thank you AVG! I-tunes now running brilliantly! (Until Apple upgrade again I guess!)
January 18, 2013 22:31 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #223197
bephoto

Novice
mr..

I am not a progammer. I shouldn't have to sign up to this bs website to even post my displeasure. Apples problem? Really. Who's getting paid here? I'm not. I'm supposed to program all my laptops with some patch that may or may not work so I can get Itunes to work. Really? Wonder why so many of us older than 40, opt out of this bs? Protect the kids, but you better have a degree in IT to make everything work. Click.
February 18, 2013 15:12 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #224791
bing4sons

Novice
AVG Family Safety Current Version..

I just purchased and downloaded AVG Family Safety a week or two ago. I was unable to log into iTunes Store. By following the directions from the link below, I am now able to access the iTunes store. I had to follow this procedure on each PC that had the software installed. I'm posting the link below, because it was hard to find.

http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=177517&page=4&type=0

This link is a year old! Why isn't this fix incorporated into current version of AVG Family Safety? disappointed

I am a former Bsecure user. This same issue occurred with Bsecure (and there was a subsequent patch to correct the issue), so it is an OLD issue. I'm not sure why the software installation can't be fixed, so users don't have to continually deal with this problem.

We shouldn't have to do exhaustive searches on the internet to fix an issue that is this old, when purchasing/downloading the new version of AVG Family Safety.

By the way, I clicked on the "Tech Buddy" live chat, who was not aware of the issue and gave me a phone number to call. I subsequently found the link above.

March 12, 2013 02:29 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #225878
Pokeyrun

Novice

Can I please get uninstall instructions for family safety for windows 8. This is my second request in this forum. I am having connectivity issues with other programs, and I believe it is because of family safety. Thanks.
March 20, 2013 10:48 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #226323
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

Unfortunately there is no update of AVG Family Safety planned in near future right now.
We invite you to submit suggestions for product improvements at the http://www.avg.com/ww-en/product-feedback web form.

@Pokeyrun
You should already receive uninstall instruction.

This is my second request in this forum

Please do not duplicate your post in future.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 12, 2013 12:56 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #228999
thebryants

Novice
iTunes not working..

I have just come back to using iTunes from 12 months away and neither of my computers can access the store. I have tried a different machine without any avg products and itunes works ok and i am at a loss too the problem. Can you please help?

Thank you
May 22, 2013 12:38 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #229396
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello thebryants,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 29, 2013 04:29 Re: iTunes Store Will Not Load #229622
CCostin

Novice
cannot access iTunes..

When I uninstall Family Safety, iTunes works. I have spent hours with AVG support and have multiple case numbers and have even allowed them remote access to my computer. The final answer I heard today was that there would be an update to fix the conflict with iTunes in a few weeks........we can hope I guess.