Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » AVG Pop-Up's.. Be Warned
December 21, 2012 03:11 AVG Pop-Up's.. Be Warned #221961
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Onetimeonly

Novice
Pop-up's like the one AVG just sent me are signs of company failure. If I continue to see them I will be forced to reconsider this product. Please do not try and contact me the email is not in use anymore and names are fake. Three months from now I will return to this forum and post my review. nerd
December 28, 2012 03:55 Re: AVG Pop-Up's.. Be Warned #222190
guarded

Novice
I agree..

If you are talking about the upgrade pop-up, I agree.

A virus is something that, among other things, installs unwanted software on your computer. I got AVG for my wife because she needs to be protected from unscrupled people and companies that are trying to take advantage of her. Like those that send opt-out options accompanying required maintenance upgrades. People that would, unbeknownst to her, change her home page, her search engine, and crowd her browser with confusing toolbars. There are even some out there that would opt-out such unsuspecting and trusting people into starting trial periods along with the potential obligations those entail. I really like AVG, but they have just one more chance. Evil or not? We will see...
December 29, 2012 00:34 Re: AVG Pop-Up's.. Be Warned #222241
BIG AL 43

@ Onetimeonly / guarded

'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ this Announcement post link AVG Product Management Wants To Hear From You. Please complete the feedback.

Otherwise re the present AVG Team forum involvement.. Just to keep you updated.. 'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ Christmas Holidays 2012 i.e. The AVG Team will answer @ the earliest after 2nd Jan 2013.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 1, 2013 18:25 Re: AVG Pop-Up's.. Be Warned #222362
guarded

Novice
Feedback..

^

That was well hidden.