Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » csrss.exe Trojan
July 27, 2012 21:57 csrss.exe Trojan #213538
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Frosty60

Novice
How do I remove a crss.exe file, possibly a Trojan virus usually associated with such. I've done all of the virus scans & PC tune ups I can do but it still shows crss.exe in my processes in the task manager. The crss.exe does not anything under the "Description" Column that is just blank, unlike every other program listed. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit.. Title amended.
Crss.exe snapshot.PNG
July 28, 2012 07:20 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #213559
Elochai

Novice
Csrss or crss..

Is it csrss or crss. If it crss then yes it sounds like a worm. In task manager, you can go to view tab. Then under select columns, there should be a check box for showing command line.

You should now have a command line next to crss that can show you where this file is too.

Now go too http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and upload the crss file so that it can be checked. If any of them viruses checkers come back saying it is a virus. Then you should follow the instructions on this page: http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=397#post_397
July 28, 2012 16:33 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #213571
Frosty60

Novice
My mistake. It is a csrss.exe file, and I did follow steps to the command line but still no change
July 29, 2012 02:27 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #213582
Elochai

Novice
Are you sure it is a virus..

And your sure it a virus as csrss is a needed windows file. You can always do a sfc /scannow in command promt if you think it's infected. If it is it will be replaced by a non-infected version.
July 30, 2012 00:22 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #213608
Frosty60

Novice
Actually no it's not. I was asking in reference to that fella over the phone. It was about getting access to my email account. Fools wanted to charge me $140 U.S. dollars for tech support. For something that isn't even a virus. K thanks.
July 30, 2012 08:24 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #213621
Elochai

Novice
No problem..

Ya I know, you should look at some issues I'm having. I been infected by a dropper that added a bunch of undetected viruses to my system. I been hunting them down and sending them to AVG for adding protection against.

It funny, I been tracing them myself and finding them with other virus programs as well. You think with that kind of issues and help I could get a better deal then 15% renewal. You also think AVG would take up my offer to take complete control of my system to find these viruses that they don't got any protection for to find and add them to there detection system. Yet not a single member of AVG has even posted in that topic. I bet when they do they want me to pay them to let them update there AV which is not going to happen.

I only got about 40 days till renewal and one of the AV trial programs that has been finding viruses that AVG has been missing is starting to look like a good replacement at the same price. So I'm waiting to see if AVG support is willing to help me with these undetected viruses and if they are willing to do a better deal then 15% on renewal.
December 28, 2012 15:14 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #222212
amigan

Novice
Now what?..

Hello All,

I spotted two csrss.exe's in my Task Manager. When I expanded to see the full setup each showed they were both shown as part of System. When I checked for their properties they both showed System 32 as where they reside. I found csrss, csrss.dll, and one or two others. Csrss.dll states it was created June, 2012. The other csrss's state a created date of 2009.

When I went to the suggested site to scan my computer ( http://virusscan.jotti.org/), it would only accept my pinpointing where it should scan. I had it check csrss and csrss.dll. Both came up as not being malware. What do you suggest?

Regards,

Julian
December 28, 2012 16:43 Re: csrss.exe Trojan #222217
BIG AL 43

amigan wrote
What do you suggest?

Julian, For your info re the present AVG Team forum involvement.. Just to keep you updated.. 'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ Christmas Holidays 2012 i.e. The AVG Team will answer @ the earliest after 2nd Jan 2013.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support