Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » Lost My Mobile
November 19, 2012 16:14 Lost My Mobile #220661
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
bamura

Novice
I had ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 918N mobile. I activated AVG anti theft in it. I lost it a week before. After i lost it, i got mail notification, that a new SIM is detected. I logged in to AVG Mobilation Remote management and tried to locate my device. But it can't locate my device automatically and throws a warning.

It also has option to locate by manually sending sms, "FindMyPhone xxxxx" to phone number.

My query is to which phone number should i send this message? In the notification mail, i got only the SIM serial number of new SIM. Please reply.
December 5, 2012 15:52 Re: Lost My Mobile #221314
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi bamura,

You should send SMS command to number which is in the device. Unfortunately AVG Mobilation provides you with just SIM serial number due to protection of personal data and law limitations. I recommend contacting your mobile operator or police station since they have other tools how to locate your device.

Thanks.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 9, 2012 05:34 Re: Lost My Mobile #221456
Avgdummy3

Novice
_malchys_ wrote
Hi bamura,

You should send SMS command to number which is in the device. Unfortunately AVG Mobilation provides you with just SIM serial number due to protection of personal data and law limitations. I recommend contacting your mobile operator or police station since they have other tools how to locate your device.

Thanks.

I have also lost my mobile 3 days ago, I need help in some questions I had on activation of AVG theft system can you help me? You can find my thread titled "Need Help On Lost Mobile" hope to get some advice and answers... http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=221442.