Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 9/8.5 Free Editions » [SOLVED] Deleting AVG Secure Search?
December 2, 2012 15:29 [SOLVED] Deleting AVG Secure Search? #221214
glumzzor

Novice
Hi!
First I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section. Move it if it is please. Thanks.

Here is my problem:
Some day I suddenly saw vport.exe process and found out AVG Secure Search folder appeared in my C:Program Files.
I've tried deleting this folder but it keeps coming back!
AVG Secure Search plugin was also on my Chrome browser however I've removed it from there.
Problem is I got that AVG Secure Search in my C: folder and whenever I delete it comes back in few hours or so.
I used to have AVG 8 installed on my pc if this matters.
Also AVG Secure Search is visible in "add/remove programs"(but i can't remove it from there) However it wasn't visible when I tried to remove it with Microsoft Fix it tool.

I am running windows vista.

Thanks!

December 3, 2012 14:57 Re: Deleting AVG Secure Search? #221231
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi glumzzor,

I recommend downloading and installing the latest version of AVG Secure Search to fix corrupted installation and removing it according to the FAQ 5200 afterwards.

Let me know the results and send me a MSInfo 32 output in case that the issue still persists.

Thanks.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 3, 2012 16:35 Re: Deleting AVG Secure Search? #221236
glumzzor

Novice
Thanks..

Hi!
Thanks for replying! Your solution seems like it could easily work to fix my problem. Surprised how I couldn't figure it out myself.

Anyway I've just deleted PowerISO and with it AVG secure search has stopped reappearing so I've solved the problem (weird because I don't remember ticking anything during installation) :smile:

Thanks anyway!
December 3, 2012 17:40 Re: Deleting AVG Secure Search? #221238
BIG AL 43

OK glumzzor, No probs.. Pleased to see that you appear to be now sorted. Re-PowerISO.. Just for your info please be informed that AVG Security Toolbar and AVG Secure Search (as search provider) are optionally installed also together with other contracted applications (whole list in this FAQ).

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 6, 2012 21:41 Re: Deleting AVG Secure Search? #221387
trhockley

Novice
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a similar difficulty. I appear to have inadvertantly installed the AVG safe search and I have been unsuccesful in uninstalling it.

I have disabled it in the three installed browsers (IE, FF and GC). I tried the Windows program removal application but it is unable to do the uninstall.

I then followed the advice above, reinstalled (from the AVG website) - I assume the latest version, rebooted, and then followed the instructions - but still no success.

I hope it's OK for me to jump into this thread since the issue appears to be the same?

I have attached the msinfo file, as suggested.

Tom