Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password.
Page 1 of 2 12››
October 16, 2012 19:33 Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #218625
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
martb58

Novice
I have had Family Safety for a year now, but the renewal process did not work. :crying: Eventually I had to buy a new 3PC licence. :crying: The product was installed on computer 1 and worked, I set up the profiles and controls just fine. I then installed it on computer 2, this picked up the profiles and all was well. :smile: A day or two later I ran AVG PC Tune Up on computer 1. Since then I can not access Family safety from computer 1, I get an "Invalid Username/password" message and I am 100% certain that the username and password I am typing in is correct. If I try to access my Family Safety preferences from the "My Account" area on the AVG web site I get the same message. If I go to computer 2 AVG family Safety is working just fine. Both competers are running Windows 7, both have AVG Internet Security 2013. PC Tune up is only on Computer 1. I have uninstalled and removed AVG Family safety from computer 1 and reinstalled it using the download file from computer 2 (just in case) but it still does not work. :confused: Please can someone give me some expert guidance on how to resolve this extremely frustrating situation. Thanks.
October 24, 2012 08:23 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #219135
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello martb58,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (screenshot, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 26, 2012 19:28 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #219322
martb58

Novice
Further Info...

I have run msinfo - file attached. I can not create a screen shot of the username/password issue as I have uninstalled Family Safety because of the issues, and the time being taken to try to resolve my original issue of not auto-renewing! It was uninstalled using the Windows 7 control panel/windows and features option. I have tried to download Family Safety from My AVG Account area again, a dialog box comes up and tells me that it is already installed! I have read on other threads in this forum that there is a way of COMPLETELY removing Family Safety - what is it please? Maybe if it is completly removed I would be able to reinstall it again with success.
October 28, 2012 21:32 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #219427
Habermann

Novice
Hi TechBuddy :smile:

I´m having the same problem, but I have just one PC. I can not access the Family Safety Program at my PC, but I can access my AVG Account. Attached you will find the msinfo and screen.

Thank you very much

Eduardo
November 14, 2012 08:07 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #220320
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

You cannot access your accounts because your AVG Family Safety is expired. Please contact our Sales department for help.

Thank you

AVG Team
December 4, 2012 17:14 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #221275
martb58

Novice
Re: AVG Family Safety Not Working...

I have an issue that I have been trying to get resolved since October. :crying: I have asked how to remove Family Safety from my PC but no response. :crying: I have sent the required files (three weeks ago) and still no response :disappointed: Please can you send me an email with the instructions on how to remove EVERYTHING to do with Family Safety. I have uninstalled it using program manager in windows, but trying to reinstall from AVG website it says the previous version needs to be removed! :confused:

I used to like AVG products :smile: But I am rapidly going off them! :baringteeth:
December 5, 2012 09:42 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #221298
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi Martin,

Please accept our apologies for the delays. I've sent you instructions how to remove AVG Family Safety in an e-mail (AVG#0006555740).

Let me know the status after following mentioned steps.

Thanks.

AVG Team

March 17, 2013 13:58 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #226165
swellmel

Novice
I am having a similar problem. After using Bsecure Cloud Care for some time, I changed to AVG Family Safety. I am able to sign into my account at AVG.com but when I try to sign into AVG Family Safety on my pc I get a message, "invalid username and password." I talked with someone at AVG Technical support and was told it was a known issue and is due to Besure not syncing their database or something. I was told the problem would be resolved in a week or two. It has now been about three weeks. I thought I would try uninstalling the program and starting over but it won't even take my password in the uninstall process. Right now I am ready to give up on AVG and purchase another software.
March 17, 2013 14:12 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #226167
BIG AL 43

@ swellmel

OK, Just to keep you fully in the picture regarding AVG Team forum support.. For your further guidance/info please refer to the availability Announcement post @ the top of the Information forum area. Please bear in mind that it's also now the weekend [3:12pm Sunday afternoon] in Brno, Czech Rep..

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 18, 2013 17:40 Re: Unable To Access Family Safety On 1 Of 2 Computers - Invalid Username/Password. #226221
IT Guy - III

Novice
VERY Frustrated..

Please don't tell us about support working hours - this problem has been going on now for over a week for me and absolutely no response from support.

There are a number of people having the same problem of not being able to log into their accounts. Just check the threads on this forum.

I called support almost a week ago and was promised an email telling me how to solve the problem. No email.

I am afraid of trying to uninstall the product as it requires an ID & Password to uninstall - and there are a number of entries on this forum talking about that problem as well.

I was NOT a BeSecure user and am having the same problem with login credentials - see mine and RonnieMayo's entry on 03-14.

I have always been a huge fan AVG - my confidence in their ability to support their products is not good

THE SILENCE ON THIS PROBLEM IS DEAFENING. Somebody - PLEASE say something (other than chiding us about support hours)
Page 1 of 2 12››