Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Identity Protection Disabled. Also Windows 7 'Bad Image' Messages. Cannot Reinstall AVG.
November 18, 2012 12:12 AVG Identity Protection Disabled. Also Windows 7 'Bad Image' Messages. Cannot Reinstall AVG. #220578
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
pjwilson83

Novice
Hi, I am new to the forums but I really need someone to help me.
Sorry if this will be a bit long-winded but please bear with me and I'll try and explain as best as I can.

Whenever I start up Windows I keep getting the following warning message

*program name*.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows...(file path for program)... is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support

More than one of them always pops up, each one relating to a different program. An example of some are:
ItunesHelper.exe
Monitor.exe
jucheck.exe
.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.exe

This all means nothing to me. I tried using MalwareBytes scan but it said that there was no malware on my computer. I also tried System Restore to two previous points but it didn't work.

Then I noticed that my AVG Identity Protection was disabled and figured that because of that, maybe my laptop had been infected with something.
So I came on here and read various other posts about the Identity Protection being disabled and the first port of call seems to be to download the AVG remover tool, remove AVG and it's corresponding folders from the system, then download and install the file for AVG 2013.
I have did all this but now, going back to the original problem, whenever I am trying to install the new version of AVG, I am still getting this 'Bad Image' warning message preventing me from installing it.

So, I am still getting these Bad Image messages and now I don't have any AVG protection on my computer. I don't know what to do.
December 4, 2012 12:02 Re: AVG Identity Protection Disabled. Also Windows 7 'Bad Image' Messages. Cannot Reinstall AVG. #221258
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello pjwilson83,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (Msinfo output ,GMER scan results).

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support