Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » [SOLVED] UI Buttons Now Have @ Before Description
November 13, 2012 23:10 [SOLVED] UI Buttons Now Have @ Before Description #220313
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Bogart350Z

Novice
I'm looking for some help to determine what is causing my issue. I opened up AVG today to update and scan some files and noticed that most all of the buttons on the UI now have @ before the button description i.e. the update now button read @Btn_UpdateNow or Scan Now button reads @Btn_ScanNow. I was scanning something a few days ago and I don't recall the buttons looking that way but maybe it's always been that way and I didn't notice. Anyways I was hoping someone could clarify this for me whether it's a glitch in the program or something on my PC causing the issue. I'm attaching a screenshot of the UI so you can see my issue. I'm running the free version of AVG 2013 that I just updated today 11/13/12 @ 16:00 and I believe it's build 2793 but I can't determine exactly due to my issue because it's not showing up. Win 7 Ultimate, I have Malwarebytes and SuperAnitSpyware installed on this machine also. I recently had AVG 2012 installed and used the AVG remover to uninstall it and had some issues removing it. If you need the details about that uninstall and installation of 2013 I can give those to you as it was a long drawn out task for some reason but I want to address this issue before bringing up another. Thanks
AVG2013 resize.jpg
November 30, 2012 14:31 Re: UI Buttons Now Have @ Before Description #221152
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Bogart350Z,

According to screenshot it seems like installation of AVG is corrupted.

Let us inform you that it is not recommended to use more security softwares at the same time. More information can be found here.

I recommend you completely uninstall other real-time scanners and then completely reinstall AVG.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 30, 2012 22:18 Re: UI Buttons Now Have @ Before Description #221180
Bogart350Z

Novice
Fully operational now..

I did a reinstall a few days ago and since then everything seems to be working and continues to remain normal. Thanks for the reply Pokornyz.
Win7Ult
i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz
16G Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz
EVGA GTX580 SLI
Water Cooled
Protected by AVG