Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » [SOLVED] AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working.
November 13, 2012 16:39 [SOLVED] AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #220307
StLouisMan2

Novice
I have the new version of AVG PC TuneUp with the AVG 1-Click Maintenance option. Registry Defragmentation is not working in this module like it had done in the older version. I click on Registry Defragmentation and the application performs an analysis and asks whether I want to defrag now or at the next reboot. I have tried both options, but the registry does not get defragmented. With the old version, I could clearly see from the screen that defragmentation was happening during the reboot and I don't see those steps with the new version. After the reboot, I check the registry and it is just as fragmented as before. Please fix this problem. crying
November 30, 2012 14:18 Re: AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #221149
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello StLouisMan2,

For help on your issue please refer to this post.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 1, 2012 03:53 Re: AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #221182
StLouisMan2

Novice
Confused...

I went to the post you indicated and I don't understand Step 2. I click on AVG PC Tuneup and press the function key F8 and nothing happens. I don't understand how to get at the self-protection setting to turn it off and then back on. Please explain more fully.
Also, I read in that post that you will be publishing a release that will fix this issue. Do you have a better idea now as to when that fix will be out?
December 1, 2012 13:38 Re: AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #221186
BIG AL 43

StLouisMan2 wrote
I don't understand how to get at the self-protection setting to turn it off and then back on

Step 2.. Bring up the main AVG User Interface->Options menu->Advanced settings->AVG Self protection->untick 'Enable AVG Self protection'->Save new setting.
Step 6.. Tick 'Enable AVG Self protection'->Save new setting.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
December 18, 2012 03:24 Re: AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #221807
StLouisMan2

Novice
Sorry for the long delay. I had to wait for the registry to become fragmented. Before I used your fix, I accidentally discovered that if I started the computer in the Safe Mode, it would do the registry defragmentation then. Just an FYI.
The fix you gave works fine. Thank you very much!
December 18, 2012 12:50 Re: AVG PC TuneUp Registry Defragmentation Not Working. #221816
_malchys_

Administrator
Hi StLouisMan2,

We are glad that the issue is resolved now. Do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support