Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » A GPS Problem & Question About SimCard Change
November 9, 2012 18:05 A GPS Problem & Question About SimCard Change #220160
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
BrBarb

Novice
Hello Guys!

First the problem:

1- If I get into the AVG mobilation website, my phone will be located correctly. However my GPS Icon starts to blink (showing that is being used) forever. Theres nothing you can do to avoid the GPS stop to be used when it is enabled. The only thing I can do is uninstall AVG mobilation and re install it and register my email again. However, if I enter in the AVG mobilation website again, the GPS will be used forever again (also my battery).

Things that I did trying to stop the use of GPS: Disable / Re Enable GPS, Restart Phone, Disable / Re enable locate option inside AVG, remove device from the AVG mobilation website. Nothing worked. My GPS started to be used after I visite the AVG mobilation website and never stopped anymore.

I Have a Galaxy S (GT-I9000B) with android 2.3

Now the question:

1- What happens if someone gets your phone and changes the simcard? AVG still be able to locate the phone using AVG mobilation website? How do you find the new number? Thats just a question... My phone was not lost... Is just to know how it works...

Thanks for your time!
November 22, 2012 13:48 Re: A GPS Problem & Question About SimCard Change #220790
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello BrBarb,

What happens if someone gets your phone and changes the simcard?

You should receive email with new simcard number.

AVG still be able to locate the phone using AVG mobilation website?

Yes, in case phone will be connected to the Internet.

How do you find the new number?

Unfortunately it is not possible, you will receive only simcard number.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support