Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » AVG RescueCD » No makeboot.bat File Was Found
November 16, 2011 04:37 No makeboot.bat File Was Found #181113
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
CheKen

Novice
Hi,

I downloaded AVG Rescue CD (for USB) but upon download, here's only the extracted file given:

arl_roof.ext2
arl-version
CHANGELOG
f1.msg
initrd.lzm
memtest
menu.c32
README
setup.exe
syslinux.cfg
syslinux.exe
vmllinuz

But there is no makeboot.bat file was found. I downloaded the file in AVG site and also to other site but they are all the same. I make download at Windows XP but my infected PC is Windows 7 OS. Where can I get AVG Rescue with makeboot.bat file?

Thank you! crying
November 16, 2011 09:58 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #181132
LinuxAdminDEV

Hi,

https://share.avg.com/arl/old/makeboot.bat

but you shouldn't need it. If you just extract that package somewhere and run setup.exe, it would copy arl files to selected device and do the makeboot.bat job for you.

Hope this help.
November 16, 2011 12:21 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #181149
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello CheKen,

makeboot.bat was used in older version of AVG RescueCD, in newer version it was replaced by setup.exe.
Please use setup.exe to create AVG RescueCD on USB.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
November 15, 2012 22:57 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #220451
arwar

Novice
makeboot.bat..

i am trying to make rescue disk - per avg scan result. i downloaded iso and made cd - but is says there is not enough memory so to use usb option. i got usb and unzipped on usb drive and ran setup.exe which reports 'no removable drives found'. tried different usb sticks in multiple ports on multiple machines with multiple OS. all failed to recoignize the drive. tried to download with link for makeboot.bat file and when download fires off - it dies and says it can't find the file (looks like it has been deleted) at least with it i could look in the bat file and figure out how make a bootable usb using utlraiso or whatever. help
November 15, 2012 23:09 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #220453
arwar

Novice
i think i got it - i have to run setup from c:\downloads not on usb drive. the confusion was that the makeboot.bat says ABSOLUTELY to run if from usb drive and not c:
November 15, 2012 23:22 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #220454
arwar

Novice
well it won't boot from that either - it goes straight to hard drive. i wish there were simple instructions on how to replace a overwritten system file so i could use tools i have like erd. i am going to manually overwrite it after booting to PE and if that doesn't work i will just reinstall the OS.
November 29, 2012 08:53 Re: No makeboot.bat File Was Found #221074
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello arwar,

makeboot.bat is no longer used for creating AVG rescue CD on USB, now you should use Setup.exe.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support