Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » LiveKive » No Password Prompt - Privacy Issue
September 19, 2012 19:44 No Password Prompt - Privacy Issue #216776
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
RobLassiter

Novice
When LiveKive PC Management software is started, it does not prompt for User or Password. My email login name appears at the top. Anyone with access to my computer can use the View/Restore option to download my files. This is a gaping hole in security. Only the Website will prompt for credentials and prompt for Log Off.

Here is a scenario that just played out. My wife called from work and needed a file. I installed LiveKive on my office PC so I could retrieve it. Once the sync was complete I am logged in all the time. After retrieving the file I was forced to remove LiveKive to protect my backup. This may not be a complete solution if reinstalling later it grabs my previously used credentials.

A User and Password login prompt and logoff prompt is needed for the computer application, or at least make it optional.
September 24, 2012 12:14 Re: No Password Prompt - Privacy Issue #217030
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello RobLassiter,

LiveKive credentials are saved only in one profile you should never share your user profile with someone else.

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 15, 2012 23:01 Re: No Password Prompt - Privacy Issue #220452
manfraecarntyne

Novice
Pokornyz wrote
Hello RobLassiter,

LiveKive credentials are saved only in one profile you should never share your user profile with someone else.

Thank you

I agree with RobLassiter. I have just discovered this huge hole in security. I needed access to a file on LiveKive and in order to download it onto the laptop I was using at the time, I required to download the livekive software onto this laptop. I am appalled to discover that anyone now using this laptop has access to my office files. I have not shared my profile with anyone - I merely downloaded LiveKive onto a laptop to get access to my backup. It was not my intention to leave the door open for anyone to march through and access my business files!!

As I said - appalled and this has to caused me to reconsider my use of LiveKive. This needs to be remedied or it needs to be publicised.