Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » PC Tuneup » AVG PC - Free 1 Time Tuneup
November 15, 2012 18:32 AVG PC - Free 1 Time Tuneup #220438
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
CruiseKing

Novice
OK, this may seem like a silly question....but have had problems with new PC lately so don't want to do anything to cause MORE frustration.....so here's my ???

I did a PC Analyzer which showed several things need to be fixed. Downloaded the Free "one time" PC Tune-up and I thought it would immediately start fixing....but nothing happened so wasn't sure if it downloaded so it the button to download. Then saw 2 copies in my downloads....deleted one of them.

So, NOW.....how do you get this darn thing to "tune-up"??? Shouldn't it have automatically started after the download? And if not, then what?????? :confused:

I clicked on where it is downloaded and the box popped-up asking if I wanted to "Run"??

I really don't need ANY more problems on this PC....already had to do a System Restore this week because of something that nobody (HP & 2 tech guys) knew how to fix.....so need total re-assurance that this isn't going to mess up my system also. Mainly cause I saw threads on here about causing a virus, or system running very slow after the download?

Also, if I do this can I just delete the PC Tune Up "download" after it is done since it's just a "one (1) time" deal for free?? Sorry, to be so lengthy on this :embarrassed: , but it's been a horrendous week with PC problems so very apprehensive of anything at this point :undecided: I'm sure you can understand... as we've all been there with PC issues freaking us out!!!

Thank you.....Tremendously....to anyone who can help!!
November 17, 2012 16:53 Re: AVG PC - Free 1 Time Tuneup #220553
zapmaster2

Novice
Yes it works only 1 time..

After installing the program and it gives you a list with a button to "FIX" Only one time. The default settings (that means without adding any check marks) will not break anything :smile:

If your PC runs smoother. Great buy AVG Tuneup and you can use all the time "1 Click" option. I usually I use one a week as I am a heavy PC user.

FYI
I am not part of AVG support

AVG Reseller US2012760721
Zapmaster Computer Repair and Services
80 West Main St.
Pulaski, VA
540.553.XXXX
Viruses, Blue Screens, Hardware upgrades, Screen Replacement, OS Installs, Updates, Networking, Password Recovery, Internet Security, Data Recovery, Tutorials, Mail Configurations, Webpage Design, Ebay & Paypal Accounts and many more...
November 19, 2012 17:37 Re: AVG PC - Free 1 Time Tuneup #220665
CruiseKing

Novice
Hi ZapMaster2.....thanks. I knew it was only for a 1 time deal. Just need a clarification though to following: As I mentioned, when I downloaded it nothing popped-up to indicate to do the "FIX" ....just got a box asking if I wanted to "Run" this. Is that the next step?? Just wanted to be sure before I did it (hit Run).....

Will await your answer.....and appreciate your input & help
November 25, 2012 21:11 Re: AVG PC - Free 1 Time Tuneup #220917
zapmaster2

Novice
Hit Run! :laughing: