Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2011 Free Edition » AVG Network Protection » LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages
August 30, 2011 20:02 LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171637
ahmsmith

Novice
I am developing an embedded product with a web interface for configuration using Microchip PIC32 ESK.

There is a simple demo web site that comes with the ESK. I can view these pages fine on my XP computer but on Vista the pages truncate in the middle.

The problem goes away if I disable the Surf-Shield.

Can anyone suggest why a simple page on a local net is inaccessible with AVG enabled?

Thanks
August 30, 2011 20:30 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171639
BIG AL 43

I can view these pages fine on my XP computer but on Vista the pages truncate in the middle.. The problem goes away if I disable the Surf-Shield

This could perhaps be a bug associated with Vista / AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. What is the demo website URL? The AVG Team will obviously need this info to try & re-create your situ.. If you don't want to reveal the info on the forum the AVG Team will probably email you direct. Just to make sure that you are fully aware this forum is only manned by other AVG Free users... (and when available AVG employees)... we don't work for AVG Technologies. Some moderators of this forum are volunteers and contribute their time freely. If you see the AVG logo avatar that signifies that the person works for AVG Technologies. The forum is monitored by the AVG Team so your questions / comments will probably be noted & they may post but unfortunately there is no direct contact for users.... i.e. AVG Technologies don't provide direct tech support for AVG Free. However this is available with the Pro either Trial or Paid for version.

Hopefully a member of the AVG Team based @ Brno in the Czech Rep will see your post & reply but please bear in mind it's now late on Tuesday evening there (Czech Rep time 22:30) so it'll probably be early Wednesday morning.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
August 30, 2011 20:43 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171640
ahmsmith

Novice
I understand how these forums work, I appreciate your help.

There is no url for the web page, I just use the local IP address (192.168.1.112) and then link to several sub pages (e.g. 192.168.1.112/form.htm).

Several people have spent some time on this problem, because we assumed it was a problem with the TCPIP stack provided by Microchip.

The Microchip forum link is http://www.microchip.com/forums/m597259.aspx.

I am hoping that someone can tell me what to change on the board to avoid the problem.

The same html files load fine on the local network if they are accessed from either a local directory or from another PC on the local network.

The PIC32 board is supposed to work a biyt like a home router or access point, you put in the IP address and then you can monitor some real time status and change the configuration using forms and some Java/AJAX.

By the way, the problem is not Java/Ajax related because we made up a html text only page, and it fails to load also.

Thanks, Hugh
August 30, 2011 20:58 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171641
BIG AL 43

OK Hugh. Just out of interest I clicked on the link you provided & received the following message.. An error has occurred on the page you were visiting. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please click here to return to Microchip.com.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
August 30, 2011 21:02 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171642
ahmsmith

Novice
I think their server may be a bit flakey, I have had the same from time to time.

The link worked for me just now.

Hugh
August 30, 2011 21:05 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171643
BIG AL 43

OK Hugh. Just tried it again & you're right it was functioning. We'll see what the AVG Team have to say.

Alan
August 31, 2011 11:32 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #171661
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello ahmsmith,

In order to analyze your situation, please provide us with Msinfo output and saved page(with enabled Surfshield and with disabled Surf shield).

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 29, 2012 19:58 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #194146
microlit

Novice
Microchip webserver truncated pages..

My company was about to release a product based on PIC32MX with embedded web server, only to find that the web-pages will not load, or are truncated, under Windows 7 unless AVG surf-shield is turned off. My AVG reseller advises me to report this to AVG - but I see from this forum that it has already been reported. For my company this is a SHOW-STOPPER! Is there any work around - does any one know if AVG have done anything to correct their code, or is there anything I should do to correct my end?
March 1, 2012 20:12 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #194224
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello microlit,

We were unable to analyze the issue as we did not receive any requested data.

Please provide us with MSinfo output, all AVG log files and saved webpage examples (one correctly loaded and one corrupt with Surf-Shield enabled).

Thank you for your cooperation.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
November 14, 2012 13:08 Re: LinkScanner Surf-Shield Corrupting Pages #220348
Cuginis

Novice
Wireshark pcap log..

Attached here a tcp-log taken with Wireshark.
This was taken by me developing a product with Microchip PIC32 an Microchip TCP/IP Stack while this issue happens.

Maybe AVG will notice somethings strange.

Hoping this can be helpful.

Sam