Folder AVG Forums » AVG 2013 » AVG 2013 » [SOLVED] AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It?
October 27, 2012 23:39 [SOLVED] AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219367
IhatethisEvenMore

Novice
Dear support,

I made a big mistake while I installed AVg free edition. I used to get an add to upgrade it to the full edition and once I accidentally clicked on it. Ok, I thought I will downgrade it after the month is over if I don't like it. But when i tried to do that, I wasn't able to perform it. I cannot get rid ot it or downgrade it any more. I keep getting practically every minute a-send-a-report-message (avgwdsvc.exe). Even while typing this I cannot type one line without getting one. So annoying, I simply hate this. I cannot do anything while I keep getting these messages.

I was trying to find out what to do. found a long list of things I should download, but I don't know which one!? I am not a technical guru; I simply want a virus thing that works, I do not want to study this and become an expert of your systems.

Some detail of this message says that it is not sure if I have admin rights. But I do have them. This is my PC, and I am the only person using this PC.

What is more interesting: there is probably no working virus protection on my PC. and these messages keep coming... what shall I do to get rid of AVG for good?! :crying:

PS (Sorry for my English, as I am not a native speaker of it.)
October 28, 2012 10:20 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219373
IhatethisEvenMore

Novice
AVG 2012 free/ trial..

I am still having the same problem: in every 40 or 45 seconds there appeares an avgwdsvc.exe message saying that there is an error and would i like to send a message to microsoft about it. Whatever I am doing I have to keep clicking on it; can't do anything at all unless i click on those messages.

How come this is so complicated? I cannot remove a program just like I remove any other program, the right way? I need to download a removal thing first? Ridiculous. AVG 2013 is controlling ME and my PC, asking me to verify myself ! :angry:

So, I first had AVG 2013 free, then accidentally upgraded it to 2013 trial edition. When the trial expired, I saw nowhere a box how to downgrade it back to free edition or if I am still protected or not. All I could see that the trial had ended and buy more to have protection. Only when I started to remove the whole thing I saw among other things a tab 'downgrade' but it was too late for AVG, as I want to get rid of this.

My situation now: I have another protection system now, as you can see if you look at the file I am sending with this post. I need to disable AVG (option 'until restart') ja click open the other one. And still those annoying avg messages keep coming.

Please, suggest something to set me free of this mess.
error message.jpg
October 28, 2012 10:51 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219378
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello IhatethisEvenMore,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with Msinfo output and process crash dump (Post-Mortem).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
October 28, 2012 11:36 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219395
IhatethisEvenMore

Novice
msinfo..

Here is the first file you are asking for:
October 28, 2012 11:54 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219397
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello IhatethisEvenMore,

For help on your issue please completely uninstall Norton 360.

More information can be found here.

Thank you

AVG Team
October 28, 2012 13:13 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219399
IhatethisEvenMore

Novice
my AVG problems go on as before..

Hi, thanks for the reply. My first thing originally was to do exactly what is suggested in your link: I tried to uninstall AVG just the way it is described in the AVG link. But it didn't go away, I was not allowed to do that, I was asked to verify if I have the right to do so. On more time: I am the only user on this home PC, I have all the rights; no idea how to verify that to AVG Internet Security 2013.

I still don't know if AVG is protecting me or not, but it still keeps sending those annoying messages every 40 seconds or so.

I tried to attach the DrWatson files here but clicking submit it just downloads the page and nothing happens for more than half an hour. So sending you another screen capture pic of my problems.

And I want to emphasize that all of this mess started BEFORE I even installed Norton. I need to work on my PC, go to the Internet, and I do not even know if AVG is protecting my PC or not, so I need to be sure.

All I want is a one-go-solution to get rid of my AVG problems.
avg problem.jpg
October 28, 2012 16:05 Re: AVG 2013.. How To Get Rid Of It? #219411
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello IhatethisEvenMore,

First please upload us dump according to How To Provide Forum Moderators With Files.

Then please use AVG remover (32/64) to remove AVG.

Thank you

AVG Team
October 28, 2012 17:54 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #219420
IhatethisEvenMore

Novice
better news..

Thank you for the 2nd link. Hopefully I chose the correct tool from the list, the first one, and ran it twice and that seemed to made it! Although the watchdog tool tried its best to the very last minute: after the second run of the remove tool and rebooting it made about a dozen error message notices every 5 seconds. :confused: Then they suddenly stopped.

It now seems I finally made it: my Pc and AVG are separated. If for good (read: no more messages *fingers crossed*), you won't hear a word about me again.

On the bright side: there was no need to remove my new security system from my PC. Thank goodness things seem to be ok now. The old free AVG was working ok, but the new 2013 edition was all ... don't know a proper English word to describe my feelings about it. Better leave it at this.

Thank you for your patience (it was certainly needed on this side!).
:cool:
November 9, 2012 08:12 Re: AVG 2013 How To Get Rid Of It? #220119
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello IhatethisEvenMore,

We are happy to see that your issue is resolved.

Thank you for posting back.

AVG Team