Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » [SOLVED] I Need To Get BSecure Off My Computer!
October 25, 2012 15:40 [SOLVED] I Need To Get BSecure Off My Computer! #219222
MAAM19

Novice
I have a Dell Dimension desktop and have had Bsecure/Cloudcare on it for several years. I also am running the AVG free antivirus on it.

Today I have a nasty File Restore virus on my computer. I have gotten my computer up and running again in Safe mode with Networking (I have windows XP) and have figured out how to find all the files the virus has hidden.

However, this virus is blocking me from doing any system restore or update my malwarebytes program through the malwarebytes.exe files. I can run the scan fine but it is outdated and tells me that I have no malware on my desktop.

My problem is that in safe mode when I try to go online to download anything to help get rid of the virus, I get the Services not running and bsecure is blocking my browser

I tried to uninstall Cloudcare (as its called in my control panel) and get a "need verification code in order to uninstall" message. In the past, I could go on my bsecure account and get that code but that is no longer an option.

I have turned off my parental controls for all my computers through my account online but that has not helped. Until I get bsecure off my computer, I am totally stuck.

I have sent emails to customer support but reading comments on how long that is going to take is less than promising.

So how do I get bsecure off my computer??

AVG is totally missing from my computer as well. I can not even find it in the hidden files. Not very impressed with its antivirus abilities at the moment either.

:angry:

Any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. I have a laptop so am not without a computer but that is my main computer with everything i need on it! :crying:

Thanks you
October 25, 2012 18:00 Re: I Need To Get BSecure Off My Computer! #219226
MAAM19

Novice
never mind. It finally just let me take it off with my regular password...after about 5 attempts. Strange. Still have that nasty virus though.
October 31, 2012 15:37 Re: I Need To Get BSecure Off My Computer! #219624
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello MAAM19,

We are happy to see that your issue is resolved.

Thank you for posting back.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support