Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
xclicks

Novice
AVG 2013 stores history for:

Scan results
Resident Shield Detection
eMail Protection Detection
Online Shield Findings

However, there does not seem to be an option to disable this. Personally, I find this
intrusive. I do not like to keep logs and history of my activities online or anywhere else.
It especially bothers me knowing that the information is available to AVG or anyone else
who knows where to look.

So have I overlooked an advance setting to disable the logs or does AVG feel that I
should have to accept the software tracking my online activity?

Also, it is one thing to not be able to disable the history / tracking. But worse than that,
there does not seem to be a way to delete the history for Online Shield Detection.

I was able to clear all other logs however I will have to periodically delete them manually
if I do not want my personal activity tracked. But there seems to be no way at all
to delete the history log for Online Shield.

Can someone please let me know if I have overlooked configuration on this?
Also, am I the only person here that does not like to be tracked?

Thanks

September 20, 2012 15:22 Re: AVG History & Log Data #216856
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello xclicks,

So have I overlooked an advance setting to disable the logs or does AVG feel that I
should have to accept the software tracking my online activity?

Unfortunately there are no option to disable logging, but AVG isn't tracking your on-line activity there is only list of detected threats.

We invite you to submit suggestions for product improvements at the http://www.avg.com/ww-en/product-feedback web form.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support