Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG trusted Apps & Services » AVG TechBuddy » Techbuddy Killed My PC!
July 7, 2012 02:39 Techbuddy Killed My PC! #211763
SXOTT

Novice
I have been a paying customer of AVG for 3+ years. After discovering an infection on my PC that was really serious, I decided to try out Techbuddy...

I spent $129.99USD, 8 days of calling in twice a day to get remote connections for techbuddy agents, talked at great length with more than a dozen agents and ended up with a PC that would no longer boot, due to the wonderful services of techbuddy and my PC was still infected!!

Requested a refund weeks ago and now cannot get anyone on the phone at Techbuddy. I am p**sED! This company has lost all of my respect and I will NOT be renewing my license in the future.

AVG, You have lost a loyal customer due to your dubious business practices!

Techbuddy - 4 thumbs down!!! angry

CASE ID: 185776
July 9, 2012 14:09 Re: Techbuddy Killed My PC! #211913
jirka82

Administrator
Hello SXOTT,

We are sorry to hear you faced such trouble when using the TechBuddy service. I have passed your feedback to our Quality Control team. We will inform you about the investigation as soon as we receive more information.

Thank you.

KW: AVG#0005540016

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
September 11, 2012 16:29 Re: Techbuddy Killed My PC! #216227
SXOTT

Novice
Where's My Refund?..

What is the status of my refund? I cannot get anyone on the phone at Techbuddy. Are you guys blocking my phone number so that I am perpetually on hold when I call? I want my hard earned money back for the totally unacceptable and wholly destructive "service" I received from Techbuddy. Accept facts, you guys FAILED. My computer was bootable and usable prior to Techbuddy's "servicing". After which (1) the computer was still infected by Malware and (2) would no longer boot and was unusable. I could have thrown a quarter stick of dynamite inside the case and lit the fuse and it would have had pretty much the same effect as Techbuddy!

I WANT MY $129.99 REFUNDED!!!

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry