Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG 8.5 Free Edition » AVG E-mail Protection » AVG Exchange Extension
October 5, 2009 05:21 AVG Exchange Extension #21219
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Al 45

Novice
My previous version of AVG 8.5 free appeared to be corrupted in that, a message kept appearing saying that my version was out of date & that I should run an update. So I ran the update process, and after doing so I kept getting a message telling me that the update needed a restart. I restarted the computer several times, but I still kept getting the message.
So, I tried uninstalling / reinstalling the programme, and now I get loads of pop-ups every time I try to use Outlook saying "The add-in AVG Exchange Extension cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the add-in manufacturer for an update"
It doesnt look like the AVG programme is operating now at all.
Can you please help?

Thanks
October 5, 2009 07:00 Re: AVG Exchange Extension #21233
BIG AL 43

Moved to the proper forum area for this type of posting.. AVG Email Scanner.

Please pay attention to where you are posting in the future and make sure that it fits with the subject of the forum area you are posting in. This allows us to keep the forum better organized so users can find related issues Forum Structure - Where To Put Your Question?.

If you ever cannot find a post you have made, use the Forum Search and search by your user nickname or check out 'View all Posts' in your 'Profile'.

AVG Update requests computer restart....
• Check advanced settings of update – update => Update immediately – Require confirmation from the user
• Empty temporary update files
• Check conflict applications
• Restart and try again

AVG Exchange Extension....
Have a look @ this Stickie post http://forums.avg.com/ww.avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=20261.

If that doesn't help....

Please provide us more information about your system so that we may have it to base our suggestions on, see What information should I include?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

October 6, 2009 06:08 Re: AVG Exchange Extension #21277
Al 45

Novice
Ok, sorry for incorrect forum posting. Ive tried what you have suggested but nothing is happening. I just want to uninstall AVG 8.5 & start again but every time I try, I get a pop-up saying" Installation failed" & inside the pop-up is the following script:

Installer initialization failed due to following error:
Error: @AvgErrorCode_0x0253 %FILE% = "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8"
@AvgErrorCode_0x0020

Please advise?

Thanks
October 6, 2009 17:22 Re: AVG Exchange Extension #21331
BIG AL 43

Previous posting.... Please provide us more information about your system so that we may have it to base our suggestions on, see What information should I include?.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan