June 16, 2012 23:00 C++ Runtime Error! #209021
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
DanTX

Novice
I'm using Windows XP and the IE 8 browser, and AVG 2012. I've been getting Runtime errors pertaining to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. The error occurs when I try to open a document (pdf, html, etc.) from a web site. The problem is identified as follows: Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information."

I hit the OK button on the Runtime error pop-up, which caused the tab/web site to reload, but the same error was generated each time I did that. So, I was stuck with this annoying problem/Runtime error.

After poking around a bit, I ran Microsoft Fix It, which didn't solve the problem, but it did have something to do with AVG. I continued to mess around a bit and finally decided to DISABLE the AVG toolbar. After doing that, I tried opening a document from the website I'd been on and got the same error message. For the heck of it, I hit the OK button on the error pop-up message, which caused the tab/web site to reload, and voila - the problem was resolved/fixed. So, from my experience with this Runtime problem, the AVG toolbar is the culprit. DISABLE it. The AVG support team needs to scope this out and issue an update/fix.
June 20, 2012 12:27 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #209715
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello DanTX,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, screenshot, Msinfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 25, 2012 02:29 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #210507
IMDave

Novice
I had the same symtoms as DanTX on two computers at home running XP Home and XP Professional with IE 8 browsers. Thanks to DanTX for the solution to correct the problem as well! Disabling the AVG toolbar works. I can open PDFs online again. His discription of the error msg is very accurate. Almost a screen shot.
The only thing I have run recently on both our computers was AVG PC Tune-up (24 Hr version). I'm guessing, but this seems like it could be more than a coincidence.

June 25, 2012 13:14 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #210565
_malchys_

Administrator
Hello all,

Let us inform you that this issue is caused by an error in the current version of AVG Security Toolbar. We are already working on a fix which will be available in the new version of AVG Security Toolbar (version 12.x).

You may disable the AVG Security Toolbar as a temporary fix.

Thank you.

KW: 90744

AVG Team
August 10, 2012 13:57 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #214288
lovenewfs

Novice
This error also started happening after I ran the AVG PC Tune-up (24 Hr version).
As Dan suggested, I disabled the AVG Toolbar and it corrected the problem immediately.
Here is a .jpg of the error messages.
PDFerror.jpg
August 13, 2012 13:22 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #214404
_malchys_

Administrator
Hello lovenewfs,

Please revert changes made by AVG PC Tuneup to resolve this situation and let us know the results.

Thank you.

AVG Team
October 15, 2012 16:22 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #218516
maxdbase

Novice
C++ run time err..

Hi, I am stranded and can not use IE because of this issue.
I can not even open IE. It just started today.

The tools explained in the threads are not on my computer.

How can I correct this?

I get the C++ error when opening, then IE closes.

Assistance appreciated. I am unable to do my work.

Here is a screen shot just before IE closes
http://screencast.com/t/vFk821Mwlw1
October 26, 2012 13:40 Re: C++ Runtime Error! #219285
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello maxdbase,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with more information (better description, MSInfo output, etc).

Thank you

AVG Team