Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Trojan.. This Seems Odd!
May 4, 2012 12:39 Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #200455
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
hfb46

Novice
I have been using a trusted propritary CDR for a number of years without issue, including a session last night. Today AVG thinks the CDR contains a Trojan. What changed overnight to cause this and what can I do about it. The CDR Autoplay doesn't appear to be working now. It was fine last night on my PC and my wife's laptop, both running windows 7 OS and Free AVG 2012.

Can anyone help?
May 4, 2012 13:14 Re: Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #200465
jirka82

Administrator
Hello hfb46,

This sounds like a false detection. Please provide the detected file to our virus analysts as described here.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 4, 2012 16:24 Re: Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #200519
hfb46

Novice
Issue copying file(s)..

Thanks for the response. I would happily send you a copy of the autorun.exe and autorun.inf files, which seem to be the ones causing AXG somje angst. However, I can't find a way to copy and zip the files. :frowning: This is probably down to my lack of knowledge in this area.

I tried copy copying both files from the CDR to Desktop and only managed to get autorun.inf to copy. Winzip wouldn't zip it.

AVG report states ...
4inf ... Found inf file with reference to infected file autorun.exe.
4exe ... Trojan horse Dropper.generic6.DKI.

Any suggestions?
May 7, 2012 07:07 Re: Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #200903
nemethste

Administrator
Hello hfb46,

If you are not able to copy mentioned files because AVG is detecting them, please temporarily disable AVG protection, then please copy these files to your computer and create archive.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
May 8, 2012 12:37 Re: Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #201161
hfb46

Novice
Files on their way!..

OK, I managed to send the zipped files via yahoo mail as my normal gmail refused to send and attachment containing a zipped exe file. let's see what the guys at virus checker can make of this issue. FYI I sent the files to virus@avg.com. Hope this was correct.

May 12, 2012 12:06 Re: Trojan.. This Seems Odd! #201899
hfb46

Novice
Fixed..

Did someone do something? I checked today and the CD causing the "false positive" issue loaded without a hitch and with AVG enabled.