Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus
April 1, 2012 17:39 Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus #196517
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
bpknine

Novice
When I use a search engine and click on any of the results, I am directed to a website named Happili or gimmeanswers.

AVG does not pick this up as a virus, but I know it has to be. I am having a very hard time gettting rid of it. Anybody out there have any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks.
April 1, 2012 19:14 Re: Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus #196525
BIG AL 43

bpknine wrote
AVG does not pick this up as a virus, but I know it has to be

No AV product is capable of providing you with 100% protection although AVG are always working 24/7....

Reporting undetected malware to virus@avg.com.... Please read and follow these instructions What to do if you suspect a file, registry setting or website is infected and not currently detected by AVG.

Also if you think that a file is not being detected, you can submit it here http://samplesubmit.avg.com/ww-en/sample-scanning on this new webpage.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 1, 2012 19:42 Re: Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus #196527
bpknine

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
bpknine wrote
AVG does not pick this up as a virus, but I know it has to be

No AV product is capable of providing you with 100% protection although AVG are always working 24/7....

Reporting undetected malware to virus@avg.com.... Please read and follow these instructions What to do if you suspect a file, registry setting or website is infected and not currently detected by AVG.

Also if you think that a file is not being detected, you can submit it here http://samplesubmit.avg.com/ww-en/sample-scanning on this new webpage.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support

I realize that no AV program will provide 100% protection, I paid good money for AVG and have been very happy with it. I just need some help diagnosing the problem and fixing it. I wasn't trying to bash AVG.

I will gladly submit any suspected file, but I have no idea which file might be infected. That's why I'm on the forum, to see if I can find someone smarter than me or who has had a similar problem that might help me out. I will submit the websites to which I am being re-directed to AVG.

Thanks for your time. If you have any other ideas as to what would be causing the re-direct issue, I would love to hear them.
April 2, 2012 06:46 Re: Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus #196556
nemethste

Administrator
Hello bpknine,

Is this issue occurring also in another browser?

Resetting your Internet browser proxy configuration may help to resolve this hijack.

Should the issue persists, please provide us with both Gmer scan results, Msinfo output and AVG Anti-Virus scan results for further analysis.

Thank you

EDIT BIG AL 43.. 'provide us' link amended.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 4, 2012 00:27 Re: Redirect To Happili & Gimmeanswers Virus #196724
Starhawke

Novice
Happili Redirect..

I just got this problem on Apr 4, 2012. I have installed the Free Version of AVG which has a rootkit detector in the main interface section. I had to run this twice as there were 2 instances of the rootkit found, but after rebooting twice during the scans my computer is now free of the redirect and running fine.