Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Network Protection » [SOLVED]AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network
March 31, 2012 11:45 [SOLVED]AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196475
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
AVG 2012

Novice
before using avg firewall i used to disable file and sharing options on a network (i use window 7 home premium built in firewall) but after installing avg internet security 2012 and it came with avg firewall so every time i boot up my computer i Remarque that the file and sharing options are turned on so i turn them off and reboot then they turn them self on automatically so i disabled avg firewall and it's now ok...

how to configure avg firewall to disable file and sharing options???
and thanks for any answers :smile: btw i'm on a lan network
April 2, 2012 10:46 Re: AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196570
nemethste

Administrator
Hello AVG 2012,

You may simply choose directly connected to the Internet firewall profile. Your files and printers will not be accessible from other computers in LAN.

Right click on AVG tray icon -> Firewall -> Firewall profiles -> choose Directly connected to the Internet.

If you have any further questions or if you need any further assistance please feel free to ask here on forums again.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
April 2, 2012 14:26 Re: AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196598
AVG 2012

Novice
not working!..

I'm sorry but this profile is already set by default the files and printers are still shown for other computers on the lan do i have to configure the firewall??? i just don't want to mess it up so if anyone now any solution about it i will really appreciate it and thanks
April 3, 2012 08:38 Re: AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196658
jirka82

Administrator
Hello AVG 2012,

The Directly connected to the Internet Firewall profile by default forbids the file sharing. If this is not the case, I recommend regenerating the Firewall configuration, as it could have been changed or damaged:
1. Open the AVG program.
2. Double-click the Firewall component, and then click Regenerate configuration.
3. Click Yes to confirm the replacement of Firewall settings.

If the shared files are still accessible from other computers, please check whether the respective system rule is set properly as follows:
1. Open the AVG user interface and press F7.
2. Expand the Directly connected to the Internet profile and select System services in the left pane.
3. Find the MS Printer and File Sharing service in the list (scroll down a bit).
4. Make sure Block is defined as the action for this service.
5. Click OK to save any changes.

If the issue is still not rectified, please provide us with AVG configuration and log files as described here for further analysis.
Also, please include a screenshot of the control panel where you turn the file sharing off upon restart:

AVG 2012 wrote
...every time i boot up my computer i Remarque that the file and sharing options are turned on so i turn them off...

Thank you.

AVG Team
April 3, 2012 16:15 Re: AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196689
AVG 2012

Novice
thank you..

great tnks man for your reply and info it was really helpful
April 4, 2012 10:38 Re: AVG Firewall: How To Disable File & Sharing Network #196755
nemethste

Administrator
Hello AVG 2012,

We are glad to hear that the issue had been resolved.

Thank you for posting back.

AVG Team