Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » [SOLVED]AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault
Page 1 of 2 12››
March 17, 2012 01:45 [SOLVED]AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195581
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
goodjohnjr

Novice
Hello,

AVG Version: 2012.0.1913
Virus Database Version: 2114/4875
LinkScanner Version: 933
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit (6.1)
Build Number: 7601
Service Pack: Service Pack 1
Other Security Products Running: Windows Firewall.

I have been using AVG 2012 Free for about two months or so, and every time that I try to Submit a file/sample in the Virus Vault to Send To Analysis, it will show that it is trying to send but it will always fail; and this has happened with every file that I have tried in the Virus Vault since I have been using AVG Free 2012, so the file type or size does not seem to matter.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message to this Thread.

I just wanted to report this, maybe it is a glitch/bug or maybe Windows Firewall is blocking it or something, I do not know.

Thank you,
-John Jr :smile:
--
Have a nice day,
John Jr :smile:
Dreamer |
//EDIT: link removed
Sample Send Fail.jpg
March 17, 2012 11:24 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195596
BIG AL 43

@ goodjohnjr

Have a look @ these links....

How To Handle Infection Suspicion?

How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection?

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 17, 2012 16:51 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195605
goodjohnjr

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
@ goodjohnjr

Have a look @ these links....

How To Handle Infection Suspicion?

How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection?

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan

Thank you Big AL 43, but I already know how to do that, I submit suspicious files/false positives that are not in the Virus Vault to AVG & other companies often by email and through websites like VirusTotal. ;)

The issue that I am reporting is that if AVG has detected a file and moved it to the Virus Vault, if you try to use the Send To Analysis option from in the Virus Vault (which is an option if you right click on a file in the Virus Vault), it always fail to submit it to AVG from the Virus Vault; that should not be happening, in other antiviruses that I have tested with that option (Avira, Avast, et cetera) that does not happen.

In this case a person has to temporarily disable AVG, remove the file from the Virus Vault, manually submit it by email and/or various websites, then re-enable AVG so that it will detect it and move it back in to the Virus Vault; but that should not be necessary when there is an option to submit files already in the Virus Vault, but that option is not working for me.

So this is not a Virus Removal Topic really, but a glitch/bug report about an Option/Feature in AVG. ;)

Thanks,
--
Have a nice day,
Dreamer |
//EDIT: link removed
March 17, 2012 17:14 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195606
BIG AL 43

@ goodjohnjr

If you post again please remove the commercial link from your forum signature before further postings. I'm afraid these are not allowed on this forum.

For your info.... This is actually the correct forum area for an issue relating to the virus vault....

Your posting will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team. This Announcement post http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=190509 now appears in the 'Information' forum area. Also please bear this in mind.. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

Alan
March 17, 2012 19:00 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195608
goodjohnjr

Novice
BIG AL 43 wrote
@ goodjohnjr

If you post again please remove the commercial link from your forum signature before further postings. I'm afraid these are not allowed on this forum.

For your info.... This is actually the correct forum area for an issue relating to the virus vault....

Your posting will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team. This Announcement post http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=190509 now appears in the 'Information' forum area. Also please bear this in mind.. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

Alan

I removed my blog link from my signature, it was a non-commercial link to my blog but I removed it after I made the last post. ;)

Okay, thank you, I hope they can help me fix this problem. :smile:
--
Have a nice day,
March 20, 2012 11:39 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195742
nemethste

Administrator
Hello goodjohnjr,

The issue you are reporting, may be caused by software conflict, firewall settings or even bug.

Please provide us with all AVG logs and Msinfo output so we can analyse the issue further.

Thank you.

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 20, 2012 19:50 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195789
goodjohnjr

Novice
Hello nemethste,

I uploaded the files that you requested to the AVG FTP Server, filename: goodjohnjr850.7z or goodjohnjr3.20.2012.7z.

Thank you,
--
Have a nice day,
March 21, 2012 09:12 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195820
nemethste

Administrator
Hello goodjohnjr,

Please provide us with Msinfo output once again. Msinfo file you have provided us with become corrupted probably during download.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 21, 2012 16:16 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195861
goodjohnjr

Novice
Hello Nemethste,

I sent the Msinfo file again, this time I have the original and a Rich Text version, both compressed in a file called Msinfo.7z or goodjohnjr873.7z.

Thank you,
March 22, 2012 08:49 Re: AVG Free 2012 Fails To Send Samples For Analysis From Virus Vault #195935
nemethste

Administrator
Hello goodjohnjr,

According to the Msinfo analysis it seems that you may have some necesary ports blocked on your firewall, router or even ISP. It is also possible that your ISP has some anti-virus protection as well and will not allow to go files containing known infected through.

If you still want to send us files for analysis, you may follow steps mentioned in How To Handle Infection Suspicion? sticky post.

If you have any questions or if you need any further assistance please feel free to ask here on forums.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
Page 1 of 2 12››