Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 9/8.5 Free Editions » AVG 8.5/9 Free Upgrade On Windows XP
March 9, 2012 10:31 AVG 8.5/9 Free Upgrade On Windows XP #195002
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Tweety101

Novice
I've been a faithful (and needless to say very satisfied) user of AVG products for "many decades" on all my computers and various Windows operating systems...
However, since upgrading from version 8.5 to 9. on an "XP", a little over 1 month ago, I've been experiencing issues which seem impossible to resolve!!!

First of all, immediately after installation, the following message appeared, and returns 3 to 4 times every hour: "avgcmgr.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." You can imagine how annoying this is, particularly since the file cannot be found on the computer!!!

Another perplexing issue concerns the "auto-updating"...
Prior to the 8.5 to 9. upgrade, a complete AVG scan detected nothing...
However, ever since the upgrade, the new versions (and updates... I'm up to 9.0.927) keep finding more and more "infected" files... on a daily basis!!!
Furthermore, the computer seems to be getting sluggish!!!

Another of my computers, which is running on Windows 2000, does not have these problems!!!

Indeed, I have looked through this forum but not found similar issues...
Furthermore, I understand that this "support area" is moderated by volunteers, but if someone can please help me with these issues before I pull-out what's left of my hair, I'd truly appreciate it smile
March 9, 2012 11:16 Re: AVG 8.5/9 Free Upgrade On Windows XP #195006
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Tweety101,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with Msinfo output, AVG scan result export and GMER scan results.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us