Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing
Page 1 of 4 1234››
March 2, 2012 19:09 Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194396
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
SixFeet87

Novice
Hi there,

I require help to remove the Metropolitan Police ukash trojan virus from my girlfriends laptop running vista business. It was unfortunately taken on last night (1st March) and when I told her to boot in safe mode over the phone, after logging in as the correct user it simply loaded a white screen saying 'please wait while the connection is being established' with what I presumed was a German trsnlation underneath. Obviously this is part of the virus. She has since come home from university today for help.

I originally tried following the online guides of booting up in 'safe mode with command prompt' and install the 'grindinsoft trojan killer' via the usb drive i had plugged in however it would not allow me to access the usb drive. I then tried the manual removal however I couldn't access 'regedit' as was blocked by adminstrator options. Only malware program that was on was microsoft essentials which couldn't detect it in 2 scans. I then searched for it manually by searching for .exe to find it in windows. I saw what I presumed was the virus, a load of random characters then .exe extension. I clicked this to make sure it was. It then brought up the white screen with the 'please wait while the connection is being established' again so knew I had found it.

I then hard reset it and tried to boot up in 'safe mode with command prompt' again but when i get past the log in again it continually brings up the white screen, like it did for my girlfriend last night. I have tried all 3 different 'safe modes' and it happens on them all.

How can I remove it when I cannot even get into safe mode?

Thanks in advance for the help.
March 2, 2012 19:46 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194404
BIG AL 43

@ SixFeet87

Have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=180165.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 2, 2012 20:27 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194408
SixFeet87

Novice
@BIG AL 43..

Hello,

Thanks for the link BIG AL 43 and I know what .exe to delete but the problem is I can no longer boot up even in safe mode. Is there any way of getting beyond the problem white screen I described above?

This white screen was the case last night after the virus first infected but earlier today wasn't showing, after the .exe was run it has become a problem again.

Regards.
March 2, 2012 21:06 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194409
BIG AL 43

@ SixFeet87

For your info....

Your posting will no doubt be monitored by the relevant AVG Team. This Announcement post http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=190509 now appears in the 'Information' forum area. Also please bear this in mind.. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 5, 2012 18:10 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194693
gekehenky

Novice
Virus prob..

Did you get rid off the virus?? Ive got exactly the same problem except for that i can access the command prompt in safe modus. I cant find any other related problems online with the white screen and text saying "please wait while connection is beeing established". So if you could please help me out!
March 5, 2012 18:27 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194696
gekehenky

Novice
Virus..

Hey sixfeet87, did you get rid off the virus?? Ive got the same problem except for that i can access the command prompt in safe mode. i cant find any other post on forums with who have had the same problem so your actually probably the only guy who can help me find a solution... Please help me if you can
March 6, 2012 14:39 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194743
nemethste

Administrator
Hello all,

@SixFeet87

Are you able to boot using last known working configuration?

@gekehenky

If you are not able to delete the file even in safe mode, please use AVG Rescue CD.

Also please refer to this thread for successful virus removal.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 6, 2012 20:03 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194761
Ben Wasseker

Novice
Same problem..

Hello,

As of this morning, I'm experiencing the same problem described above by topic starter. After clicking some dodgy links, a white screen came up in Windows (7 Ultimate) with the text "please wait while the connection is being (sic) established", along with its german translation. Task manager was promptly disabled.

When I reboot in safe mode - any of them - the white screen reappears and fills my GUI: no explorer, no desktop, no command prompt. Ctrl-alt-del works but task manager does not appear. When pressing its shortcut, the screen only flickers. The same with other commands.

I booted with AVG rescue CD (database version 2114/4828) but the scan didn't find any infected files.

My computer has become unusable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

March 7, 2012 11:49 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194791
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Ben

Please refer to the link I provided in my previous post. Other users suggested steps for successful virus removal there.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 9, 2012 08:44 Re: Metropolitan Police Ukash Scam Trojan - Need Help Removing #194991
Gresty2k10

Novice
Hello All.

Unfortunatly i caught the virus this morning from a 'trusted' torrent site believe it or not angry

As you imagine ive tried the whole ctrl alt delete method straight off which didnt work So i tried starting it in all 3 safemode's but my computer just restarts when i click on eg. Safe Mode Using Command Prompt. Then my screen goes to sleep and my computer restarts and back to the menu of how i want to start windows.

Not an expert with computers tho so please give me fairly easy instructions please

Im using Windows Xp Service Pack 3 in case you need to know

Shane
Page 1 of 4 1234››