Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Irregular Blackhole Exploit Issue
March 2, 2012 10:44 Irregular Blackhole Exploit Issue #194264
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Chris Oakley

Novice
Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help shed some light on an issue I've got with a website I created for a client. ttadventure.co.uk is flagging an Exploit Blackhole alert in AVG, but before you stop reading and start typing a response about obfuscated code and iframes bear in mind I've already taken these steps.

The other oddity is that I cannot replicate this problem. It's only a handful of people who have reported this back to me. I've installed AVG Free 2012 on a clean machine with Windows XP and all the updates applied and IE8 on it but to no avail. Website behaves and there are no alerts.

I've also installed Chrome because a friend of mine tried the site and said it flagged the Blackhole error but they were using Chrome instead of IE.

I've drawn a blank on this and cannot understand why some machines would alert and others won't.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris smile
March 2, 2012 14:45 Re: Irregular Blackhole Exploit Issue #194290
nemethste

Administrator
Hello Chris Oakley,

Please refer to the following article for help on your issue:How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection?

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 2, 2012 20:00 Re: Irregular Blackhole Exploit Issue #194406
Timsky

Novice
black hole exploit..

Had same issue with this. Several people reported a black hole exploit warning when attempting to browse our site. No light provided by online AVG support. At least one report was from an AVG user, but I could not replicate problem. My paid-up up to date AVG installation did not report a problem, and neither did the Google site diagnostic tool. I wiped site and reloaded, and my free AVG user colleague informed me he could now browse site as normal, without any warning messages. I really don't know what to make of this, anyone any ideas ?
March 5, 2012 11:36 Re: Irregular Blackhole Exploit Issue #194651
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Timsky,

At least one report was from an AVG user, but I could not replicate problem. My paid-up up to date AVG installation did not report a problem, and neither did the Google site diagnostic tool.

Report can be caused by infection in computer (infection can change address of well known pages to infected sites).

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us