Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » Virus Has Hidden All Files From Desktop, Start Menu & C Drive
Page 3 of 3 ‹‹123
March 2, 2012 02:14 Re: Virus Has Hidden All Files From Desktop, Start Menu & C Drive #194240
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
apothecare

Novice
kkdesho wrote
Virus has hidden all files from folders and start menu and some in c drive..

Well, it happened again last night, after an auto update. All the folders in the all programs folder disappeared. But this time, there was no trojan.

I have spent all day researching it.
Well, some of my menu items are restored, but not all of the ones that were OEM (like the toshiba ones), and none of the ones that were installed as applications I installed. I have sent in an email to their support, and I am waiting their response..

thanks in advance for any help to getting the rest of my menu items back. - oh, and they do not appear in any of the profiles on my computer.

I suspect that AVG is seeing some Windows update files as possible threats and quarantining them

The common denominators seem to be: AVG 2012, Windows 7 64 bit and a recent Windows Update

This has happened to me twice now on two different and unconnected computers

How do we safely restore all those .lnk files that were deleted by the AVG scan?
March 2, 2012 09:56 Re: Virus Has Hidden All Files From Desktop, Start Menu & C Drive #194261
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
nemethste

Administrator
Hello apothecare,

Please provide us with falsely deteced files as decribed in How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection? sticky post.

If the files were moved to Virus Vault, you may easily restore them back by following this FAQ.

Also updating your AVG may resolve the issue.

If you need any further assistance or if you have any questions please feel free to ask here on forums.

Thank you.
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
Page 3 of 3 ‹‹123