Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Free » AVG 2012 Free Edition » 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››
December 5, 2011 16:17 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #183493
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
will_h

Hi Dogwords,

I have try to open Dogwords150.7z and Dogwords459.7z and both are corrupted (unable to open the archive). I see at our FTP only aprox. 21 Mb size. Maybe not all uploaded ?

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 23, 2012 12:52 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #191415
Dogwords

Novice
AVG 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive - continued from 16 November 2011..

In November last year I reported to you that the new AVG 2012 version was interfering with the autobackup software for my Seagate Freeagent external hard drive.

At that time I twice sent the zipped system and log files that you asked for, uploading them to the AVG website, but each time you reported back that you were unable to read the files. I suspect that this must be because there was a limit on the file size that could be accepted by your website, and the AVG log folder was too big (over 20MB after compression).

I was unable to carry on with my enquiry in November because I was called away when my Mum was taken into hospital. She subsequently died in December and so I have been tied up with dealing with other matters since then.

I am now back home and I have confirmed that the problem with the autobackup has not been fixed in any of your AVG updates since November.

I have extracted a new set of system files immediately following this morning's Delayed Write Failure event. I have compressed the ms info, event log protocols and avg log files into a single zipped folder which I have uploaded to the RapidShare website. The link that you will need to access the zipped folder is:

https://rapidshare.com/files/224290203/My_computer_info_app_syst_avg_log_23_Feb_2012.zip

There has been no change on my computer since I first reported this problem, so all of the information I provided then regarding the error messages and the details of my system remains as outlined in the original thread started on 16 November.

I hope that this will give you all that you need to come to a solution for this inconvenient problem.
February 24, 2012 18:31 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #191551
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello Dogwords,

I have passed the files to our developers for detailed analysis.
We will inform you when we have more information available.

Thank you
kw 84250
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 1, 2012 20:42 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #194227
Dogwords

Novice
AVG-Seagate conflict happening EVERY DAY now..

Just to update the situation, the AVG 2012 - Seagate conflict is happening every time AVG runs its daily scan now, causing it to fail to complete its automatic system scan. Hence no guarantee of proper anti-virus protection.
March 1, 2012 20:57 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #194228
BIG AL 43

@ Dogwords

As stated by Dusan Obert-AVG Team Manager in post #191551 (case kw 84250) this thread will be updated when more info is available.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 5, 2012 17:29 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #194690
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello Dogwords,

Our developers are requesting additional data.

Please try to completely remove AVG 2012 as described in full reinstallation instructions.

Afterwards, install AVG 2011. Installation packages are available in summary.

Update AVG and attempt to perform scan again.
If the issue persists with AVG 2011, please provide us with fresh all AVG log files, event log files and most importantly process monitor log file.

Start process monitor before scan is started and stop it right after disk is unavailable.
It will be still necessary to compress the log file and provide us with it by uploading it to our FTP server.

Thank you for your cooperation.
March 7, 2012 14:58 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #194821
Dogwords

Novice
AVG 2011 installation file - broken link, file not found?..

Thanks.

I was running through the instruction pages in preparation for uninstalling AVG 2012 and going back to AVG 2011, but when I tried to download from the 32bit-version link on the AVG 2011 summary page it came back "file not found". Does this mean the installation file has been removed from your website?

As it happens, I do still have a copy on my system of the file download that I used when I originally installed AVG Free 2011. The name of this file is avg_free_stb_all_2011_1136_upgrade. Would that do in place of the reinstallation file that you were recommending?

Also, when I have reinstalled the 2011 version, will AVG attempt to update itself, either within 2011 or up to the 2012 version? Do I need to instruct it NOT to activate auto updates?
March 7, 2012 15:20 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #194825
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Dogwords,

Thank you for reporting nonfunctional link.

Please check AVG 2011 summary page again download links should be fixed now.

Thank you
March 9, 2012 15:07 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #195023
Dogwords

Novice
AVG 2011 scan with process monitor crashed..

I uninstalled AVG 2012 and reinstalled AVG 2011 as you instructed.

The Windows Delayed Write Failed error once again occurred during the daily system scan.

I attempted to repeated the scan with Process Monitor operating as you suggested. This ran very slowly for about 3.75 hours and then crashed, with error messages to say that the system had run out of virtual memory. By this time 804,033 objects had been scanned, which corresponds to less than 60% of the full system scan.

I checked the current virtual memory setting and it is showing actual total pagesfiles = 4.5GB, while Windows XP displays the recommended setting as 4.0MB. (My total physical memory = 4GB).

However, I found a page on the Microsoft website which suggested a rule of thumb that total pagefiles should be set at 1.5 times total physical memory.

Can your technical people suggest what the total pagefiles needs to be set at to be able to cope with having the AVG system scan and Process Monitor working simultaneously?

And if it needs to be raised to a high level, what figure should I reset back to afterwards?
March 9, 2012 17:12 Re: 2012 Interferes With Autobackup To Seagate Freeagent Pro External Hard Drive #195037
Dusan Obert

Administrator
Hello Dogwords,

Please try to set your virtual memory as custom and choose Maximum size 15000 MB (15GB) for the requested test.

After creating requested process monitor output, set memory maximum size to 6GB, which should be sufficient for normal computer operation.

Created process monitor log is expected to have huge size but should be compressible to a fraction of its real size.

Thank you
Page 2 of 4 ‹‹1234››