Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » AVG Installation/Uninstallation » [SOLVED] How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing
Page 1 of 2 12››
March 1, 2012 10:43 [SOLVED] How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #194190
SalerioII

Novice
Trying to uninstall AVG at the end of its licence period, even after running the uninstaller supplied by AVG it is still there, somewhere.

I can only Safe Search, Google and Bing are blocked somewhere, can't even get a ping reply from Google although DNS works and other ocmputers on the network are fine, the MS Security centre is reporting it's an AVG Firewall and AVG Internet Security 2012 as being up-to-date and virus scanning is on.

I just want shot of it. I tried downloading a free copy of the full suit and all it does is sit there asking for a licence key to be entered, hoping I could disable every feature and get a working computer again.

Is it really too much to expect uninstalling from Control Panel and even using the Uninstaller would remove the stuff? I'm a bit frustrated now and my sense of humour is rapidly fading :angry:

I just want shot of it altogether now, enough is enough, please don't tell me I am in for a reinstall, there must be a way.
March 2, 2012 08:31 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #194250
nemethste

Administrator
Hello SalerioII,

In order to completely remove AVG from computer, please download and run AVG remover utility.

Should the issue persist, please provide us wíth AVG remover log, which will be created in the same location, where the remover is launched from.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
June 11, 2012 11:46 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #207771
SalerioII

Novice
Log file attached..

Hi

Sorry it took so long, I just tried again with your latest remover and it made no difference, it's still not opening Google and will only safe-search.

Log file attached

Thanks
June 11, 2012 12:46 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #207789
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello SalerioII,

I can only Safe Search

For help on removing AVG Secure Search please refer to this article:
How To Disable AVG Secure Search Provider In Browsers

Google and Bing are blocked somewhere, can't even get a ping reply from Google although DNS works

This issue doesn't seems to be caused by AVG, may be some infection.

MS Security centre is reporting it's an AVG Firewall and AVG Internet Security 2012 as being up-to-date and virus scanning is on.

For help on this issue please try use DelRep tool.

Thank You

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
June 12, 2012 14:12 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #208037
SalerioII

Novice
Annoyed now..

Really it's beyond the pail.

I've just spent 4 hours trying to remove this thing, followed instructions, it's so bad it should be illegal. I'm NEVER purchasing this again for any of my clients, every other product the removal tool removes it and everything that goes with it. I've never had this with Norton, Symantec, Avast, MS-SE. It's appalling the removal tool doesn't undo everything that AVG did when it installed. I wouldn't care but it was a paid-for product.

Safe-search will not come off and I still :angry: can't get to google. I'm giving up and reinstalling.

Unhappy bunny and fed-up
June 13, 2012 13:19 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #208259
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello SalerioII,

Please accept our sincere apologies for these inconveniences with AVG product. Hopefully one day we will get your confidence again.

Thank you

AVG Team
June 22, 2012 21:12 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #210229
miriro

Novice
help???? some AVG hiding in my computer? how do I uninstall it???..

I am experiencing the same problem I installed the free trial 2012 AVG antivirus and uninstalled it because it was making my internet run slow. So now I have purchased McAfee but McAfee cannot install because it says it cannot be installed because of the presence of AVG in my computer. I checked my control panel and AVG is not there and went to the security part of my control panel AVG is said to be still providing security, I have tried running the avg uninstaller recommended to the customer above and searched for it even ran through the programs in C but its still there. where is it? its so frustrating that I completely uninstalled it but its still hiding somewhere in my NETBOOK. Help??????
June 27, 2012 10:54 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #210923
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello miriro,

In order to analyze your issue please provide us with Msinfo output.

Thank you

AVG Team
June 27, 2012 18:01 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #210967
carolep

Novice
Cannot get rid of AVG!..

Hi there,

Just like the people above, I have tried everything to remove this product -I have a AVG log page which shows failure to uninstall. I have disabled AVG in every place that I know and it still won't go away.

PLEASE HELP!! :confused:

Carole

June 28, 2012 03:39 Re: How On Earth Do I Remove This Thing #210995
bailey222

Novice
miriro wrote
help???? some AVG hiding in my computer? how do I uninstall it???..

I am experiencing the same problem I installed the free trial 2012 AVG antivirus and uninstalled it because it was making my internet run slow. So now I have purchased McAfee but McAfee cannot install because it says it cannot be installed because of the presence of AVG in my computer. I checked my control panel and AVG is not there and went to the security part of my control panel AVG is said to be still providing security, I have tried running the avg uninstaller recommended to the customer above and searched for it even ran through the programs in C but its still there. where is it? its so frustrating that I completely uninstalled it but its still hiding somewhere in my NETBOOK. Help??????

The following worked for me:

See the post above from Pokornyz (post # 207789 dated June 11, 2012 ) regarding the Delrep tool.

My issue was similar to yours. On an XP machine, had AVG Free 2011 installed. I had uninstalled AVG via Control Panel Add/Remove programs, then tried to install McAfee, but it wouldn't install because it said that AVG was still installed. In addition, my Windows Security Center bubble kept popping up saying my AVG was out of date.

I ran the AVG removal utility for version 2011 , (which was the free version I had installed previously), and also ran the 2012 version just for kicks a year later.... The AVG Remover program(s) appeared to work, but still had same prob. w/ McAfee not installing & Windows Security Center bubble still popping up w/ AVG message, so it really didn't clear everything. I even went through the registry with a fine tooth comb and still couldn't find anything.

FINALLY, kudos to Pokornyz in the post above, #207789 dated June 11, 2012 12:46), who posted a link to the Delrep tool.

I clicked it, ran it and it cleared out the message from Security Center AND from McAfee, and I was FINALLY able to successfully install McAfee.

I am not sure where that entry was hiding, or if it will work for you, but your problem with McAfee sounds similar to mine. Please use at your own risk! Good luck!

Bailey

Page 1 of 2 12››