Folder AVG Forums » Other topics » Virus Removal, Tools for Removing » HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!!
April 4, 2011 11:10 HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #155621
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Kat in the hat

Novice
Hi i am not very technical so need some help! every time i run a scan of my computer with AVG this warning come up :
"";"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP";"Found Adware.Generic";"Potentially dangerous object"

i have tried to remove it but it says i am not the power user, i looked this up and i should be as i am the administrater of the computer, it just says access denied. i have no idea what this thing is that has been detected or how to remove it. i dont even know if its a virus or whatever!! i need some help of how to remove it from my computer as i have noticed that it has been lagging alot recently.

please if anyone can help id be very grateful!
April 4, 2011 17:14 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #155695
dusano123

Hello Kat in the hat,

Please try to use registry editor and navigate to following key manually:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

Look for entry named AVP and delete it.
If it is not possible to delete, edit the permissions of the entry. Add Full Control for EVERYONE group and remove all other groups.

Should you still need more assistance with removal, provide us with registry export or \Run\ key.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ
December 11, 2011 17:09 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #184207
Areianos

Novice
Adware.generic..

I have the same problem. I read on the internet that it would be better to run AVG scan in Windows safe mode. So, I did it. AVG told me that it removed adware.generic. So I was happy. Unfortunatelly, when I started my PC again in normal mode, the first thing I did was to scan my pc again with AVG. Adware.generic appeared again :(

I tried to do the below as well:

{- Start registry editor
{- Navigate to following key:
{HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
{- Delete AVP entry
{- Restart your computer

But AVP entry didn't exist :(

However, there is a strange entry there:
-Name: (Default)
-Type: REG_SZ
-Data: (Value not set)

Should I delete this one?

What should I do? Please help me :(
December 11, 2011 17:39 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #184210
Areianos

Novice
AVP belongs to Kaspersky??..

Finally I found it. I was in the wrong folder before :P

However, it says there:

Name: avp
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\Program files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2012\avp.exe

So, is it Kaspersky's file??
December 13, 2011 12:46 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #184379
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Areianos,

Unfortunately we can not 100% confirm that without analyze, but it most likely belongs to Kaspersky.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 11, 2012 22:55 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #190431
jacobstow

Novice
HKLM\....AVP (Kaspersky)..

I have a question.

I have a computer at work and one at home.

Both originally had AVG first as protection Free Edition then we purchased Kaspersky. Both recently have received errors and cannot be updated or scanned fully through Kaspersky and now I am noticing this error on both computer that this file is infected.

Is AVG not compatible with Kaspersky and possibly causing the error? I noted it is in the registry but obviously is the registry is being either corrupted or halted by AVG would that explain the error?
February 12, 2012 01:34 Re: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\AVP Help Please!! #190440
BIG AL 43

jacobstow wrote
Is AVG not compatible with Kaspersky and possibly causing the error?

When a user is installing AVG instead of another type AV this link applies Before Installing AVG. Conversely this is the AVG removal tool. If you're not sure about 32 or 64 bit on your system have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=140471#post_140471.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support