Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » Remote Lock Wont Work
February 11, 2012 11:22 Remote Lock Wont Work #190394
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
pilki

Novice
I tried to lock my phone remotely. The lock screen is shown from my phone, however, i able to minimize the lock screen and use the phone by just pressing the home button on my phone.
My phone is sony ericsson xperia arc s and im using Anti-Virus Pro
February 11, 2012 12:37 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #190400
BIG AL 43

@ pilki

For your info....

In conjunction with AVG Tech Support the AVG Team are also now monitoring this new 'paid for' section of the new forum so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime but perhaps not over the weekend. It may well be Monday morning. Look out for the AVG logo avatar! The AVG Team are based @ Brno in the Czech Rep but please bear in mind it's now early Saturday afternoon there (Czech Rep time 13:37). Also have a look @ this Announcement post link How To Ask For Help In AVG Forum Extract.... Please be patient as AVG employees are available in CET working hours and you may not get an answer immediately. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Also have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 13, 2012 09:40 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #190493
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello pilki,

Please make sure that you have installed latest version of AVG Mobilation.

i able to minimize the lock screen and use the phone by just pressing the home button on my phone.

Yes, you should be able to minimize to home screen (unfortunately it is android feature) but you should not be able to run any app or access settings.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 13, 2012 12:11 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #190501
pilki

Novice
I have the lastest version installed. I stated in my first post i can still use the phone once i have remote locked it. I just minimize to home screen then i can use any app i want and also make phone calls. Nothing on the phone is locked.
February 13, 2012 14:31 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #190515
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello pilki,

I would like to let you know that your situation was transferred to our development.

We will keep you informed in this thread as soon as our developers investigate the situation further.

Thank you
kw 79621
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
March 24, 2012 14:01 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #196060
hightower01

Novice
Same Problem: Can use Tablet after remote lock..

I purchased AVG Anti-Virus Pro - Tablet. I tested the remote lock function. The lockscreen comes up. By pressing the home-button i can use the tablet without lock. Tablet is Lenovo IdeaPad A1. Anti-Virus Pro Version is 2.8.1
March 25, 2012 14:17 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #196086
Piorun

Novice
Same here..

Hello,
i'm using 2.10.1 - 1332684309310 version on LG p990 (2.3.5 Android) - Remote Lock, shout and widget doesn't work....
8 euro is too much for useless app...

Regards,
Piorun
March 26, 2012 08:08 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #196117
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello all,

Unfortunately we don't have any news about this issue yet.

We invite you to submit suggestions for product improvements at the http://www.avg.com/ww-en/product-feedback web form.

Thank you.

AVG Team
How-To articles | FAQ | Free Support
November 21, 2012 19:25 Re: Remote Lock Wont Work #220767
avguserme

Novice
Hello! I'm a noob here, so please be nice. My phone is missing, and I'm suspecting it got stolen. I tried to lock my phone online via sms activation. It says it has already locked my phone and even gave me a 4-digit code to unlock (I cannot confirm this obviously). But I wasn't able to locate it through the same process, entering the device ID and all.

So now, I have several questions:

1)Did it really lock my actual phone? I have read some comments that it does not actually lock the cellphone device but through the avg mobilization account it indicated the phone is already locked. I need a confirmation asap.

2)If it is really locked, will it still be in that case even when the thief changed sim card, turns it off and removes the battery, or, if by any chance, factory reset it?

3) And why does your locate option always warns me to retry later even when I have followed and sent the recommended text message a gazillion times? frowning

4)I opened my account in google play and all my apps are still there. The tried to install another app (where's my droid lite) to locate it, since the one provided by avg does not help me in doing so, it was installed successfully but then was uninstalled by the thief of my phone, as indicated in my android apps tab. And now, my number cannot be contacted anymore. (I did every step indicated here and made sure the phone was turned on and can be contacted, I was able to call it prior to this last installation.) Why is that, how can the thief uninstall the app, if it should not have access to any apps upon sms remote lock activation (as indicated in one of one of your replies here)?.. confused disappointed

My phone is a Samsung SGH-I897 with an updated version of the Free AVG Mobile Anti-virus 3.0.

Please do respond to this immediately. Thank you!