Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 2012 » Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups?
January 22, 2012 00:24 Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #188298
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
Cate8

Novice
Hi Everyone,

Can a moderator please help

I downloaded a trial version and was happy with it. But I was then immediately bombarded with upgrade pop-ups every day on start-up before I had had an opportunity to evaluate the product. And these have no option to turn them off.

I recognise AVGs need for sales and their generosity in providing free and trial versions and thank them for it, but this level of hounding has really put me off. My printer (HP Photosmart) also 'disappeared' and has reappeared since uninstalling the trial version.

So I have decided not to proceed with AVG 2012 but I'm still getting the upgrade pop-ups? Please can someone tell me how to stop them. I have uninstalled the trial version (I think).

Many thanks.
January 22, 2012 07:33 Re: Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #188315
will_h

Hi Cate8,

You can install AVG 2012 Free. The latest AVG 2012 offline installation file from this webpage (either Item 2-32bit or Item 3-64bit whichever suits your operating system) and run it.

___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
January 22, 2012 09:46 Re: Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #188321
Cate8

Novice
Thank you but...

Hi will_h,

Thanks very much for your reply. I actually dont want to use AVG at all so to get rid of the pop-ups which other forums say never go away, you mean I need to install the free version?

I assume I then uninstall it to hopefully be AVG free?

Apologies if these are dumb questions or I've got it wrong, but I've never had this problem before. An uninstall has always been an uninstall!!
January 24, 2012 13:18 Re: Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #188582
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Cate8,

In order to completely uninstall AVG please use AVG remover (32/64).

Thank you
February 2, 2012 07:47 Re: Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #189444
Cate8

Novice
Thank You Both...

Thank you will_h and Pokornyz,

That was much easier than I expected and I think it has solved my problem.

Thank you again,

Best,

Cate8 :smile:
February 2, 2012 16:06 Re: Help Please - How Do I Get Rid Of The Pop-Ups? #189516
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello Cate8,

We are happy to see that your issue is resolved

Thank you for posting back