Analysis of some issues may require detailed (debug) AVG log files. Such detailed logging can be enabled for individual AVG component(s).Please proceed as follows to provide forum moderators with debug logs, if you are asked to do so.
We strongly discourage you from enabling debug logging without being asked to do so by AVG moderator or by AVG technical support agent. Debug logging may affect your system performance.
This procedure applies to AVG 2012 only.
1. Download and run this service utility.
2. Enable debug logging for particular AVG component(s) as instructed by moderator and click Next.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Induce the issue or wait for an error to occur (details will be provided by moderator depending on current situation).
5. After the issue is induced or the error occurred, restart the computer.
6. Run the downloaded service utility again and click the Next button.
7. Close the opened AVG Diagnostics window without sending the data.
8. Click Restart PC later.
9. Provide forum moderators with all AVG log files as described here.
10. Restart the computer to disable AVG debug logging.