Folder AVG Forums » Archive » Archive » AVG Home » AVG 9/8.5 » Requesting Help To Get Rid Up New Tab Page In IE
January 30, 2012 16:11 Requesting Help To Get Rid Up New Tab Page In IE #189200
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
vankjeff

Novice
I've messed with this problem way too much over the past few days. I can't get my good, clean, fresh Windows XP tablet with fresh IE 8 and Security Essentials to get rid of the AVG Secure Search page thing that pops up when I create a new tab in my Internet Explorer.
Sure, there is that little Settings link with a checkbox that would look like if unchecked it would go away. But I've tried and tried and messed with thing forever. It just doesn't work at all for me. I have no AVG software on this computer anymore. I used it to fix some problem at someone's request and then uninstalled it. I X'd the AVG toolbar before that to get rid of it.
I go to Add/Remove now and after waiting with Show Updates box checked, I see nothing with AVG in the title. The last A is Apple Software Update.
So how do I end this mess? I even went on some AVG tech chat deal last night and he put me thru some deal that is supposed to remove everything AVG. But it failed and when I tried to get back to him to discuss it, the system told me that I needed to contact during business hours. I have no idea where this tech support guy was. It was Sunday evening for me when he connected with me the first time. This whole thing really angers me but I know that I'm the only one who can get me out of this mess. I am really hating to even see the letters A, V and G right now. I mean, hours and hours of big time wasted time in my life and still no help or resolution of this nasty problem.
I'm even thinking that I might need to reinstall some AVG thing after buying it so that maybe an uninstall will get rid of it this time. GRRRR
I don't really want to pay anything again to AVG. I think that first deal cost me $39 + $8 or $12 or something. MORE GRRRR
Can I please have some help to fix this mess? I really just want to never see my new tabs say Search and that new tab's page be that AVG Secure Search page.
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Discuss what you know about when asked. Don't always assume malware or a virus. laughing
AVG on new tab.jpgAVG not in Add Remove.jpg
January 30, 2012 19:14 Re: Requesting Help To Get Rid Up New Tab Page In IE #189217
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
BIG AL 43

@ vankjeff

Have a look @ this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=188777#post_188777 which was posted by Dusan Obert, AVG Team Manager.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support