Folder AVG Forums » Other AVG products » Family Safety » AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working
January 27, 2012 23:48 AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189017
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
klandells

Novice
Hi,

I used to have Whole Home Filtering set correctly on my router and all devices; iPhone, PC, Laptop, PS3 etc were all protected, however my router broke and O2 sent me a replacement (with an updated firmware) and now I cannot get it working again?!

Same process followed as before, with manually setting the DNS settings using Telnet but now I can't get AVG Family Safety to work with WHF (Whole Home Filtering). Only my laptop is recognised through the application (wireless connection)

Here are my details:

Windows 7
AVG Family Safety 10.2.0
Internet Broadband with O2
Google Chrome Internet browser

O2 Wireless Box Information
Product Name: TG585 v7
Serial Number: CPxxxxxxxxxxx
Software Release: 8.2.7.7 (firmware)

Configuration
Service Name: O2 Standard (modified by user)
Date & Time: Fri, 27-Jan-2012 23:43:49+00:00

O2_ADSL2plus
Connection Information
Uptime: 0 days, 22:09:31
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 13.23 / 78.97

Connection Settings
PVC Info (VPI.VCI): 0.101
Type: ETHoA
TCP/IP Settings
IP Address: xx.xxx.xx.xx/xx (censored)

Default Gateway: 94.192.72.1
Primary DNS: 165.193.49.87
Secondary DNS: 174.78.110.87

I have disabled the router from getting the ISP's DNS resolver via DHCP using Telnet, so now the correct DNS settings are saved, but it's still not working properly.

Please, can someone help! :undecided:

Many thanks
Kev

(log file attached)
January 27, 2012 23:56 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189019
BIG AL 43

@ klandells

Kev, For your info....

In conjunction with AVG Tech Support the AVG Team are also now monitoring this new 'paid for' section of the new forum so someone should spot your posting! They may enter the forum @ anytime but perhaps not over the weekend. It may well be Monday morning. Look out for the AVG logo avatar! The AVG Team are based @ Brno in the Czech Rep but please bear in mind it's now very early Saturday morning there (Czech Rep time 00:56). Also have a look @ this Announcement post link How To Ask For Help In AVG Forum Extract.... Please be patient as AVG employees are available in CET working hours and you may not get an answer immediately. AVG support.. Weekends / Holidays.. Also have a look @ the 1st part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=159703#post_159703 & the 2nd part of this link http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=188699#post_188699.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
January 30, 2012 19:47 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189222
klandells

Novice
Still waiting....

Thanks, hopefully someone will pick this up soon.

Really annoying that it used to work only a few weeks ago and now I can't get the damn thing functioning!

Thanks
KL
January 30, 2012 20:01 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189224
BIG AL 43

@ klandells

OK Kev, Post #189019 will basically still apply. It's now Monday evening in Brno (time 21.01) & also a normal Monday/Friday working week.

AVG Free Volunteer ModeratorAVG Free Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
February 1, 2012 14:34 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189364
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello klandells,

For help on your situation please try enable "Whole Home Filtering" again and make sure that your computer is connected(during enabling of "Whole Home Filtering") through router which you want to add in "Whole Home Filtering".

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
February 1, 2012 23:35 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189428
klandells

Novice
Pokornyz, thanks for resetting whatever you did, because when I just enabled it again using the same username and password, it worked!

So my router is now filtering all websites on any connected device, thanks for your help! :smile:

I do get an error message when I reach a blocked site "We're sorry, but something went wrong (500) - the page says you've been notified about this issue. Usually you get the splash screen with the warning message that the site has been blocked, is this something that you can also fix?

Appreciate the response and for getting this working.

Thanks!
KL :laughing:
February 2, 2012 12:22 Re: AVG Family Safety Whole Home Filtering Not Working #189476
Pokornyz

Administrator
Hello klandells,

We are happy to see that "Whole Home Filtering" is working now.

In order to analyze "500 error page" please provide us with more information ( screenshot, how ofen is error screen displaied, etc.) it can just some temporary issue caused by overloading of our DNS servers.

Thank you
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us