Folder AVG Forums » AVG for Mobile » AVG for Android » Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG
January 20, 2012 05:00 Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #188125
Reply with Quote | Quick Reply | Top
sharrlamb

Novice
Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG android version. Ever since the last droid system update to 2.3.3, myself and everyone on my plan have been having issues answering and making calls. When we went in to the local Verizon store the employee took my phone, looked through the installed applications and announced that I needed to uninstall my AVG antivirus software as there were "known issues with AVG interfering with Motorola software operations" and that "whenever she comes across the software on a phone that has any issues, she uninstalls it for the customer". I found this statement alarming and dubious, so we checked all three phones. Two of the phones involved had AVG, one had a different antivirus software that the employee was recommending. When we pointed this out, the employee shrugged and restated that AVG was the known issue. We all got burned up by the "your problem" attitude. What good is a cell phone you can't answer or make phone calls with, without restarting the phone nearly every time? The employee suggested we use our insurance to get new phones, or purchase another type of phone. None of us could believe it!! AVG has always been a good product on my home PC, and I never had any issues with the program last year. I have every confidence that AVG is NOT the issue, just thought you'd want to know that the employees at the Cheyenne, WY Verizon store are telling the customers that AVG causes problems on their cell phones.
January 24, 2012 14:35 Re: Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #188592
Pokornyz

Administrator
The situation was reported to our supervisors.

Thank you for providing information
___________________AVG TeamHow-To articles | FAQ | Free SupportWe Protect Us
January 31, 2012 18:52 Re: Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #189303
sharrlamb

Novice
nice!..

Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate your representatives looking into it. I know it isn't an earth-shattering issue, but I hate it when a good company gets a bad reputation from some ignorant salesperson who is just parroting the latest company memo.
Again, thanks.
November 13, 2012 13:48 Re: Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #220302
twintails

Novice
Verizon "support" employees are still doing this. They wiped one of my Droid 3 phones yesterday to fix a touch screen problem. They also claim that AVG does not work, but they are willing to sell McAfee to you....
November 13, 2012 14:01 Re: Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #220304
BIG AL 43

@ twintails

'Information' forum area.. Have a look @ this Announcement post link AVG Product Management Wants To Hear From You. Please complete the feedback.

AVG Forums Volunteer ModeratorAVG Forum member since - Nov. 27, 2004My total posts on the Old AVG Free Forum - 27,063
Alan
How-To Articles | FAQ | Free Support
March 23, 2013 02:38 Re: Verizon Employees Are Telling Customers To Uninstall AVG #226530
DougEfresh304

Novice
Same issue with Sprint..

Sprint employees are now saying this to their customers. I just had a Regional Manager at Sprint here in Virginia tell me I was having android operating issues because I have AVG installed on my phone and my fiancee has it installed in her Samsung and there is zero issues